forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-07-2008, 12:28 PM
Moses is a nice guy.

Credits: 4,807
Mrs.BlackCrypt is starting to gain some momentum on DSF
Default A weird microsoft word question

Anyone know how to access the metadata of a Microsoft Word document? I have one I need to access some of the metadata and I am not sure how to go about it. I can find all kinds of ways to scrub that from sensitive documents. But in this case, I need some of the info it provides to provide proof I actually wrote something.

I wrote something, published it on my website, and also shared it on a message board and an email group. I had a copyright notice on it. Later on, when I learned about Creative Commons, I added a CC license. That license was the Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works license. In my piece, before getting to the actual item I state:
Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
and below the item is this notice:
Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
Well, I found it this weekend without the attribution I asked for. Complained to the sites I found it on. One has removed it but according to the notice I got from them, they removed the thread because of something other than my complaint. Another site is wanting proof I wrote it. And a third is about to have me complaining to their hosting company because they're ignoring me. I'm sending the link to my site, the link to the two places I posted the piece the same time I published it on my site. I also have a screen shot of the original document showing its properties. The details tab under properties shows the date the document was created. I am looking for emails I have from that time period discussing the piece. But, I know Word inserts metadata into files. I just can't figure out how to access that data. I've also still got my handwritten form of the piece which is dated I believe.

I think I was more than fair in complaining and I only asked the sites to remove it if they were not willing to follow the CC license. I wrote the item to be shared but I also don't think asking for the proper credit is too much to ask.

Anyone?