forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You

View Poll Results: Have you played Dungeons & Dragons?
Yes once but I was drunk. 4 16.67%
All the damn time. Got a problem with it? 10 41.67%
My boyfriend played so I joined him. 0 0%
Nope. Never. No way Jose. 10 41.67%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 03:37 PM
kicked the fuck out

DSF Guest 8 is starting to gain some momentum on DSF
Default Dungeons & Dragons co-creator dies

Allright, how many of us have played?

R.I.P.

Gary Gygax, who co-created the fantasy game Dungeons & Dragons and helped start the role-playing phenomenon, died Tuesday morning at his home in Lake Geneva. He was 69. Gygax and Dave Arneson developed Dungeons & Dragons in 1974 using medieval characters and mythical creatures. The game known for its oddly shaped dice became a hit, particularly among teenage boys, and eventually was turned into video games, books and movies. Dungeons & Dragons players create fictional characters and carry out their adventures with the help of complicated rules. The quintessential geek pastime, it spawned a wealth of copycat games and later inspired a whole genre of computer games that's still growing in popularity.
Old 03-04-2008, 03:55 PM
satan666

Credits: 0 [Check]

the ORIGINAL Role Playing game.

the one that needed you to ACTUALLY have an imagination.

I loved it and i still have all my D&D books somewhere in storage thats how much i can't let go of those childhood memories.

Gary Gygax....RIP
Old 03-04-2008, 03:59 PM
the burning and itching has stopped

Credits: 6,066
dude is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

I always called my brother a nerd for playing those types of games but for some reason I always ended up playing them myself... I think I have too much free time
Old 03-04-2008, 07:46 PM
Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect.

Credits: 7,128
goonarms is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

ahh to have an imagination again!!
Old 03-11-2008, 12:30 AM
satan666

Credits: 0 [Check]

Dungeon Master: The Life and Legacy of Gary Gygax

read the awesome article here
http://www.wired.com/gaming/virtualw...08/03/ff_gygax
Old 10-15-2008, 02:01 AM
My goal is to live forever. So far so good!

Credits: 552,838
mr.brownfella gives a lot that you are thankful formr.brownfella gives a lot that you are thankful formr.brownfella gives a lot that you are thankful for
mr.brownfella gives a lot that you are thankful formr.brownfella gives a lot that you are thankful formr.brownfella gives a lot that you are thankful formr.brownfella gives a lot that you are thankful formr.brownfella gives a lot that you are thankful formr.brownfella gives a lot that you are thankful formr.brownfella gives a lot that you are thankful formr.brownfella gives a lot that you are thankful formr.brownfella gives a lot that you are thankful formr.brownfella gives a lot that you are thankful formr.brownfella gives a lot that you are thankful for

RIP Mr.Gary Gygax, many of fun filled summer weekends. I still must say the 100 sided dice, how did you every envision that?

May the Elf warriors guard your tomb for ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSNakE View Post
That settles it. Pancakes for breakfast it is
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGADOUCHE View Post
... On with the shenanigans.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:49 AM
If you need me I'll just be circling the maternity ward, listening for screams with my glass ready in hand.

Credits: 1,278,830
Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.
Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.

I saw this movie only once on TV a long time ago that had Tom Hank's character in a serious DnD trance about to jump off one of the World Trade Towers near the end.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084314/

Last edited by Frothy Afterbirth : 10-15-2008 at 08:53 AM.
Old 10-15-2008, 01:44 PM
Cooler than a polar bear's toenails

Credits: 9,840
tlock is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Played back in the day and had a good time. Been about 15+ years though...

Originally Posted by badmedicine09
I've been avoiding results all day. tlock, you are a God amongst men, thank you.

All of my posts are not my links...
Old 10-16-2008, 12:22 AM
the burning and itching has stopped

Credits: 6,431
caesar273 is a splendid one to beholdcaesar273 is a splendid one to beholdcaesar273 is a splendid one to beholdcaesar273 is a splendid one to beholdcaesar273 is a splendid one to beholdcaesar273 is a splendid one to beholdcaesar273 is a splendid one to beholdcaesar273 is a splendid one to beholdcaesar273 is a splendid one to behold

I remember playing Dungeons and Dragons for the first time back in 1985, played it for years after that and loved it. I eventually moved on to games like Cyberpunk and Marvel Heroes but I have a lot of fond memories playing all night, eating pizza and just being goofy, or geeky you decide.

He will live on forever in the minds of all who played his games. RIP
Closed Thread