forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 12:28 PM
Moses is a nice guy.

Credits: 4,786
Mrs.BlackCrypt is starting to gain some momentum on DSF
Default A weird microsoft word question

Anyone know how to access the metadata of a Microsoft Word document? I have one I need to access some of the metadata and I am not sure how to go about it. I can find all kinds of ways to scrub that from sensitive documents. But in this case, I need some of the info it provides to provide proof I actually wrote something.

I wrote something, published it on my website, and also shared it on a message board and an email group. I had a copyright notice on it. Later on, when I learned about Creative Commons, I added a CC license. That license was the Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works license. In my piece, before getting to the actual item I state:
Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
and below the item is this notice:
Code:

Well, I found it this weekend without the attribution I asked for. Complained to the sites I found it on. One has removed it but according to the notice I got from them, they removed the thread because of something other than my complaint. Another site is wanting proof I wrote it. And a third is about to have me complaining to their hosting company because they're ignoring me. I'm sending the link to my site, the link to the two places I posted the piece the same time I published it on my site. I also have a screen shot of the original document showing its properties. The details tab under properties shows the date the document was created. I am looking for emails I have from that time period discussing the piece. But, I know Word inserts metadata into files. I just can't figure out how to access that data. I've also still got my handwritten form of the piece which is dated I believe.

I think I was more than fair in complaining and I only asked the sites to remove it if they were not willing to follow the CC license. I wrote the item to be shared but I also don't think asking for the proper credit is too much to ask.

Anyone?
Old 07-07-2008, 12:37 PM
the burning and itching has stopped

Credits: 2,062
Marcusrab is starting to gain some momentum on DSF
Default Metaviewer

Hey..

This software is touted as a tool that can be used (and supposedley is used by the lawyer folk) to look at metadata of documents..

I have no bias on this product as ive never tried it.. but, it appears to do what you would like.

http://www.pinpointlabs.com/new/download.php

Get MetaViewer..

Marcus
Old 07-07-2008, 12:41 PM
Yeah mate, I'm down under....and she loves it!

Credits: 206,685
MickC Has a lot of rep, but will never be as reputable as wannabe DSF user pasyaerrov.

Hi Mrs BC

I think this should do the trick to extract what you need:

Metadata Miner Catalogue PRO Description:
Interactive Metadata extraction from documents and files providing capability to download file properties from documents, IPTC from jpg, tif images into an XML format in addition to easy HTML reports cataloging folders. Command line mode offers information retrieval automation for collection of file properties with application of XSLT : conversion into a csv PDF or html format delivered with the program or your own XSL for custom uses via batch

Screenshot:

Code:

Old 07-07-2008, 12:52 PM
Moses is a nice guy.

Thanks. Off to d/l some programs and try em! I appreciate it.
Old 07-07-2008, 12:54 PM
If you need me I'll just be circling the maternity ward, listening for screams with my glass ready in hand.

Credits: 1,262,837
Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.
Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.

Doc Scrubber™ 1.1

Analyze and scrub hidden and potentially embarrassing data in Word documents.

Features
Analyze Word Documents
And discover hidden or potentially embarrassing data they may contain.

Scrub Word Documents
Remove hidden or potentially embarrassing data from your documents.

Scrub Multiple Documents at a Time
Scrub selected Word documents in a folder, or all documents in a folder, all at once - saving you time and effort.

Tested Compatibility with Word 97, 2000, and XP documents
Doc Scrubber can clean documents from multiple versions of Word.

Free for personal and educational use
Doc Scrubber is completely free for personal and educational use! (Business users must purchase an appropriate license.)

The Hidden Data...

Word Documents can contain all sorts of extra data, commonly referred to as "metadata". This data can include:

* Hidden Revision Logs
* A Unique, Identifying GUID
* Comments, Keywords, Subjects, and other properties
* Recent Hyperlinks
* Last Saved Date
* Last Edited By Information
* Last Printed Date
* Revision Count
* Total Editing Time
* and more...

Doc Scrubber can remove much of this metadata from Word documents, and can also produce an analysis of any Word document to show what metadata it contains.

Code:

Old 07-07-2008, 06:00 PM
There's nothing more exhilarating than pointing out the shortcomings of others, is there?

Credits: 31,191
Randal Graves is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Now I'm curious what you write.
Old 07-07-2008, 06:10 PM
I can say Jap cuz I am a Jap! ...Jap jap jappity jap.lol

Credits: 295,493
n2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud of

Code:

yeah, post it here.

not my links. always virus check.
Old 07-07-2008, 06:12 PM
satan666

Credits: 0 [Check]

no place better than an open internet forum to post sensitive, confidential documents!!
Old 07-07-2008, 06:16 PM
Moses is a nice guy.

It wasn't any thing that will appeal to tons of people. Just something describing life with RA. Kinda rude, because it was written from the view of someone more newly diagnosed. And written for those who'd tried to get people to understand by being nice, patient, polite and had it not work. I wrote something that was more a 2x4 to the head in a way. I got criticized for it being too rude etc. People also said I would benefit from counseling due to my resentment and that I think I am a victim and the only one with RA. All based on how I wrote the "letter" Except I was in a pretty happy place when I wrote it. I've long accepted my RA. I'm not a victim. I am also definitely not the only one with it. But other than that, I've not done a lot of writing. An item on chronic pain, addiction, dependence, tolerance and then the only other thing was organizing and deciding what all links and resources to use for a list of links about sex and gimps. That did not include much writing really. The "Letter" is the one I had to prove was mine. If you're interested: What RA is Like:A Letter for Family and Friends

That's the thing, it wasn't meant to be confidential. It was meant to be shared...with attribution. I didn't care it was reposted...just that the Creative Commons license was ignored.
Old 07-07-2008, 06:22 PM
I can say Jap cuz I am a Jap! ...Jap jap jappity jap.lol

Credits: 295,493
n2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud of

you know, this is a good idea. i bet there are more than a few of us who are writers. someone start a thread.

not my links. always virus check.
Closed Thread