View Single Post
Old 07-05-2008, 09:10 PM
i have seen a vagina, and it was expensive

Credits: 7,077
mhump23 is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
I think that's why so many true punk afficiendos are also true fans of rockabilly/psychobilly. They have similar roots.

I was working college radio in the late 70's when the first true punk music started coming out. No one at my little Georgia college wanted to have anything to do with it but me and a handful of others. It was for me from the New York scene...New York Dolls(kinda early), The Ramones, Richard Hell and the Voidoids.....from the UK.... The Damned, the Stranglers, the Pistols and of course The Clash. Later on the LA scene with X, Black Flag, the Circle Jerks...

New York seemed to almost want to carry on in the tradition of the Velvet Underground and kind of a mutant Doo Wop sound.

England was just plain angry.

The West Coast scene seemed to be where thrash came along. Other than X which was almost rootsey but still punk , the West Coast seemed louder and faster.

By the way this looks like a pretty interesting addition to the forum. I'm heading out for pizza and beer for a while. I'll have to check this out in a bit. I love talking music!!!

Just wish I could type better and faster...............