Thread: Mma
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2008, 04:04 PM
Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless

Credits: 12,675
effjay will become famous soon enougheffjay will become famous soon enougheffjay will become famous soon enough

Heavyweights are boring. It's rare, especially in the UFC now that there's been an exodus of big man talent, to get a HW fight worth watching. No Randy Couture? No thank you. I don't know if anyone has heard of it but YAMMA is a new upstar league that is having their first show tonight, all in the way of the old-school tournement format, meaning 3 fights to win the whole tourney. It'd be awesome, if they weren't having HWs do all the fighting. Shit's going to be two, big fat sweaty guys hanging on eachother by the end of it tonight. They are debuting a new ring set up though, with raised edges towards the edge of the cages to try and keep the hanging to a minimum, so that could be interesting. I'll probably just try and catch some on YouTube tomorrow.

Tyler-Fight Network? That must be a nice Canadian thing. What kind of shows do you get on that one? I was thinking about trying to go to the Uriajah Faber v. Jens Pulver WEC fight in June, but was having the same deal with trying to make costs work. It'd be awesome to go, but sometimes its hard to think of ponying up 250 bucks for a good seat.

For the guys who do watch it: favorite fighters?