View Single Post
Old 06-26-2008, 02:27 AM
Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless

Credits: 12,730
effjay will become famous soon enougheffjay will become famous soon enougheffjay will become famous soon enough

I got lucky in that my fiancee's uncle had his down a few years ago and, being a malpractice attorney, was able to get me in with an appointment and then have the surgery a few weeks later. I had the surgery in Decemeber (direct correlation to my finish in lurking and true contribution to the site.) and as far as pain went, I was without it within 3 weeks. Off crutches within a week, without my brace within a month and since then I've been great.

Keep in mind MegaGreg that I did PT 2x a week for 8 weeks because I have a pretty good insurance plan through my law school. My knee was popping out before teh surgery 1 a week, and now, other than the occasional locking because my hamstring hasn't fully recouped yet. As of July 4 I will be cleared to do whatever I want, which means that I'll start tryign Basketball and we'll see how that goes I suppose. I have NO DESIRE to have this surgery again so I'll probably take it easy for the rest of my life. I hate surgery, but more than that, the first three days I couldn't take enough pain killers to make getting up to the can a worthwhile adventure. That blood rush to the foot of the surgerically prepared leg is MISERABLE!