View Single Post
Old 07-06-2008, 05:09 AM
i have seen a vagina, and it was expensive

Credits: 7,069
mhump23 is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Probably the best big arena show for me would be Pink Floyd in Jacksonville Florida during the Darkside of the Moon Tour way back in the day. What is now Surround Sound they called 360 or Quadrophonic sound back then and the Floyd was a master at it. Their music seemed to come at you from all directions and it was so clean and clear you felt like you could touch it. ..... or was that the mescaline?

Saw Neil Young and Crazy Horse with Sonic Youth and Social D in Atlanta in like '91 or 2 and that was fucking hot!! So good that we drove to Miami just to see the same show again three days later! Better the first show for sure though.

Really the best shows for me are more often than not great performers in SMALL venues. Saw King Crimson in 2003 in a tiny place in Santa Rosa, CA(home) and was on like the 8th row center in a 500 seat place made for classical music and.........................................oh my. I am getting goosebumps thinking of that show!!!! Great talent, great music, and a great tiny venue made for an incredible performance! It really might have been the best I've ever been too!