View Single Post
Old 02-28-2009, 06:50 AM
Leading the heard to the local titty bar.

Credits: 42,256
troup will become famous soon enoughtroup will become famous soon enoughtroup will become famous soon enough

Yeah, its a totally different time now too. Music was able to adjust with the times a little better before - because we knew the times we were in a little better. Now its all a mess and everyone is completely connected, aware of the slightest political, economical, socio-cultural changes etc. I think that is a big factor, because there are plenty of songs I listen to regularly that I enjoy and feel as much about as some of the best older tracks.

Maybe people dont buy as much music when the musicians are making a strong and bold statement, or maybe nobody is listening to lyrics anymore and looking into what the song is about. It would make more sense to me if it was a cultural shift opposed to a music related one. We are much more of a disposable society so while we are listening to anything we are always thinking about the next thing to listen to, rather than enjoying what is there.

Maybe we should create a DSF band to fix this problem, cant sit around complaining without trying to do something about it!