View Single Post
Old 08-25-2008, 12:35 AM
jesus got drunk and molested me

Credits: 15,736
jizzay is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

The whole, if you are fighting for your country then you should be able to drink, is crap. You joined the military either as a patriot who wanted to defend freedom or for the GI bill. You knew the law before you joined so why should they be given any extra rights the others don't have.

Not only should the drinking age stay at 21, the age for acquiring a driver's license should be raised to 18. There are way too many knuckleheads who can't control their own lives let alone have someone Else's life be put in harms way.

I think I read someone say it would free up the legal system from prosecuting underage drinking. Great logic, swap underage drinking for something more serious like a DUI. The problem is, there are those who are told not to do something and then they have to do it because it "bucks the system". What's next, allowing 16 yr olds to purchase handguns?

Some ideas are great when you think of them, but if you think about long term, you realize they are foolish. This idea is one of those.