View Single Post
Old 07-23-2008, 06:10 PM
Moses is a nice guy.

Credits: 4,784
Mrs.BlackCrypt is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

OMG that slaw recipe looks great. We had a similar slaw at a softball team cookout and I wanted the recipe. YAY! I have tons upon tons of recipes. You looking for anything in particular? I don't cook much anymore but when I do... BC usually says it kicks ass. Course anything that keeps him from having to cook would likely kick ass. One thing my son likes to make is a chicken dish.
Garlicky Chicky
4-6 IQF chicken breast tenders
1/2 c (or so) mayonnaise or Miracle Whip
1/2 c bread crumbs
1/2 c parmesan cheese
1 pkg Lipton Savory Herb and Garlic soup mix

Combine soup mix with mayo. Combine bread crumbs and cheese. Mix 1/2 of the bread crumb mix with soup mix. Coat chicken. If it is too thick, I will thin it with a bit of milk. (Ok, so I don't actually coat the chicken, I just dump the mayo mix on top and smear it around.) Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 min if chicken is thawed....30-45 if still frozen. I'm lazy and go the frozen route. During last 5-10 of cooking, top with remaining bread crumb mix. Now, that was the basic recipe that was given to me/found on the box...something. I usually add more herb and spices to it because the soup mix is NOT garlicky enough for me. So I add minced garlic, a red bell pepper and garlic spice mix, Completa and parsley. Sometimes some diced/minced onion. Maybe a little soy sauce...depends on my mood. But, the basic recipe even the kiddo likes making for us with us helping a little. But then again, this is a kid who asked for a chef's knife for his Christmas gift when he was about 4! I have some others I love but not on this PC. And one of my fave cooking sites is The Pioneer Woman Cooks

Last edited by Mrs.BlackCrypt : 07-24-2008 at 04:41 AM.