View Single Post
Old 09-07-2008, 10:25 AM
kicked the fuck out

DSF Guest 8 is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Dell finally announced the Inspiron Mini 9 netbook yesterday with prices starting at $349, but if you want to get an even better deal, find out if any of your friends or relatives are in the market for a new Dell computer. The company said on its blog anyone purchasing a Studio 15, XPS M1530 or XPS M1330 laptop, will be able to get the Inspiron Mini 9 for $99.

That's not bad considering the Dell's Studio 15 laptop starts at $649 and features an Intel's Pentium Dual Core, Windows Vista, 160GB hard drive, 1GB memory, and comes in a variety of colors. Sounds like a great back to school computer, especially if you're getting a netbook for $99.

The blog doesn't say which Mini 9 configuration will be part of this promotion, but I'm sure it will be the Ubuntu Linux version which currently sells for $349. This is too good of a deal to pass up. For $750, you could potentially buy two computers and either keep the Mini or sell it online.

I don't see this promotion being advertised on Dell's website yet, so spread the word my friends. If it's on Dell's blog then it must be true, right?

I already got an Acer Aspire One last week, and so far so good. The keyboard is not as big as the Mini's but you just can't beat the price.