Thread: Obamacare
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 10:16 PM
i have never seen a vagina, but at least i dont live with my mom

Credits: 6,352
Bong O. Boi will become famous soon enoughBong O. Boi will become famous soon enoughBong O. Boi will become famous soon enough

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
I would love to go there. I love museums in general. Unfortuntely New York is about as accessible to me as Mars is. But you never know. I've easily spent the day in the Experience Music Project/ SciFi Museum in Seattle. Artifacts always fire me up.

I understand glaciers and continents and such moving at rates that we can't percieve with our senses, although the whole "Where Does the Universe End?" question always weirds me out. As far as politics go, I'm a big believer in thinking 100 years into the future. My point about third parties is that in the relatively short history of the United States, third parties are always the refuge of rogues and ne'er do wells. And there's nothing going on right now to indicate that third parties will be anything but fringe elements for at least the next few election cycles. Sure, change comes, but in the United States at least, it comes within the framework of the two party system. Look at the how the Repubs- Dems switched roles since the Civil War. The change still came within that framework. And frankly, I prefer it that way. I doubt as a society we could handle the goofball colloition governments that are the hallmark of Western European democracies. We couldn't handle that kind of chaos. When the economy hiccupped last year all we heard was that it was worse than the Great Depression. Unfortuntely, I remember the mid '70's and late 80's, which were both also "worse than the Great Depression". But folks eat that up. We're an especially skittish people, for whatever reason.

I think a lot of the problem is that we take our freedoms for granted. No matter how bad it gets, Obamacare, Patriot Act, whatever your oppressive government fear may be, we're still the most free society on the face of the Earth. But we're quick to offer up our freedom. In the name of safety, free health care, whatever. That scares me more than any one piece of legislation.

Way the fuck off on a tangent,
Red