View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 02:09 AM
the burning and itching has stopped

Credits: 8,830
gallagher28 is loved by the DSFgallagher28 is loved by the DSFgallagher28 is loved by the DSFgallagher28 is loved by the DSFgallagher28 is loved by the DSFgallagher28 is loved by the DSFgallagher28 is loved by the DSFgallagher28 is loved by the DSFgallagher28 is loved by the DSFgallagher28 is loved by the DSFgallagher28 is loved by the DSFgallagher28 is loved by the DSF
Default Question about mp3s

was reading somewhere about lossless m4a's and how mp3s lose sound which is unrecoverable due to compression and though they are convienient its kind of a letdown. So whats the best quality rip from an original cd (format) and does anybody really know whats lost? is it guitar riffs? I always thought it was my stereo headphones that were missing surround channels when i hear a guitar line missing or "in the background" I got the m4a files for an album which in mp3 is 81mb and in losless is 400mb and it DOES sound very crisp but well i dont think it warrants me changing over and wasting space...just wonder what you think out there