Thread: Mma
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2012, 09:44 AM
If it wasn't for Red Cross donations, this vampire would die!

Credits: 41,294
Rockula might be the next OprahRockula might be the next Oprah
Rockula might be the next OprahRockula might be the next OprahRockula might be the next OprahRockula might be the next OprahRockula might be the next OprahRockula might be the next OprahRockula might be the next OprahRockula might be the next OprahRockula might be the next OprahRockula might be the next OprahRockula might be the next OprahRockula might be the next Oprah

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
Cyborg Santos tests positive for steroids.

Apparently this may lead to the first step in removing women's MMA from the Zuffa banner. That would pretty much suck. While I do like Dana's stance on a lot of things, his rally against women's MMA has always been an issue for me. He hangs his hat on the idea that there aren't enough talented women to fill a division. My belief is that there never will be a huge talent pool as long as there is no where for a successful female fighter to go. In the beginnings of the UFC there were a limited number of talented male fighters to fill an open weight promotion.

Stikeforce should use the suspention of Santos in the same way GSP's injury is being used. Build exposure for the rest of the weight class and basically build an interest for a future fight or two when Santos returns. Fighters like Sarah Kaufman, Meisha Tate, Liz Carmouche and Ronda Rousey can be showcased in the mean time to bring attention to women's MMA. It wouldn't hurt to get Gina Carrano and Marloes Coenen back in the mix. I know from going to a lot of local promotions that nothing gets more interest going for a show than a good women's match on the fight card