View Single Post
Old 07-26-2009, 11:50 AM
Patriotism is as fierce as a fever, pitiless as the grave, blind as a stone, and irrational as a headless hen.

Credits: 33,452
Fever might win a People's Choice award
Fever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice award

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
I got you, same hater stuff I hear from all musicians - but I continue to laugh at the 'sellout' thing. To paraphrase another asshole here in Portland (Art from Everclear) - 'Yeah, I sold out... every fucking show in every fucking stadium back in the day'. And for the supposed rebel that Kurt Cobain was, he wanted success more than anyone I've ever met - and he was recycling riffs like crazy, to the point he shot (pun intended) his wad and knew it. And a group like the Stones have a mountain of reheated garbage in their catalog behind the 'hits'.
I would never put Nickelback up against a genre defining act like Metallica.
But, that being said, I was at Metallica's early gigs @ Ruthie's Inn where they did change the landscape - huge fan then with close access. But that ship sailed and they found their 'formula' so I bored of them. Add in some shitty personalities, and I won't waste my time, or money.
I like some Nickelback stuff, but not for really breaking ground, just rock in pop is better than corp-pop we get fed - and don't begrudge anyone's success.