View Single Post
Old 07-11-2009, 03:54 PM
i know more than you and i knew it before you did

Credits: 4,003
strommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warrior
strommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warrior

Anymore you have to be very careful. You never know who's watching, especially with a vidcam. In Ohio, it's illegal to keep anything you find. You're supposed to turn it in to the police. They'll hold it for a period (differs depending on what you found). If no one claims it, than you get it.

I found $1913.54 in a plain envelope laying on a sidewalk in my neighborhood. Turned out it belonged to an old lady who dropped it getting into her son's car. The were leaving for a family gathering in another state and were gone for a week. Also turned out that she had a vid cam looking out her front window because punk kids liked to trash her yard. I asked around ("did you lose anything on Friday", don't just ask people if they lost money or be specific as to how much) and no one could get close enough for me to feel good about giving it to them. I spent over a week checking around and keep thinking it odd that this lady never answered. I left a note and a few days later she called me and told me exactly how much was in it. She said after we talked she rewound her camera and found me picking it up. She was retired and I'd found her monthly retirement payment. She offered a reward, but I didn't feel right about taking it.

I think the worst would be to get caught on a TV show. I've seen many where they leave a wallet, watch, cash, whatever sitting out in the open and film people who either just walk by or actually take it. Sad how many never said anything afterwards or even said they didn't see anything. Funny though when the video was shown to them.