Thread: Judas Priest
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2008, 01:37 AM
I'll bust a nut on a girl's tramp stamp...now it's a Scamp stamp!

Credits: 62,692
scampr is a jewel in the roughscampr is a jewel in the roughscampr is a jewel in the roughscampr is a jewel in the roughscampr is a jewel in the roughscampr is a jewel in the rough
Default really?

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
I don't think you can have modern metal without understanding the COMBINED influence of Sabbath, Priest and Deep Purple. Priest brought a world class operatic voice to rock that no one had seen before. Even Ian Gillan can't do what Halford can do because he can't drop an octave. Priest bought SPEED and still brings it. And Priest showed you can have varying song styles on the same hard album and make it work well. THESE are the reason why metal bands from nearly all subgenres hail them as founding fathers of the metal scene. I don't think any of us are arguing that Judas Priest is the greatest metal act ever. The question is are they over rated? I think most reasonable metal fans, when objectively reviewing the facts would conclude that they were never over-rated. [No critical acclaim (fuck most hard acts never get any acclaim until they're dead). No high charting on billboard. No media frenzy by the major mags like RollingStone. No paparazzi following them like todays no-talent wankers]. And were likely under-rated and continue to be by people who don't follow rock history or have never heard more than a couple of their singles on the lame radio stations we have that have maybe 3 singles in their entire catalogue file. As I alluded to in my previous post - don't take my word for it. Talk to some actual metal musicians - preferrably ones that are over 18 and who are intelligent and perhaps actually have published something. For I have met people who think nothing happened in music before the 90s.

OR...

go borrow RDC's fine submission from 1976 and then compare it to the top albums of 1976:

Breezin' - George Benson
Chicago IX - Chicago's Greatest Hits - Chicago
Desire - Bob Dylan
The Dream Weaver - Gary Wright
Fleetwood Mac
Frampton Comes Alive! - Peter Frampton
Gratitude - Earth, Wind & Fire
Greatest Hits 1971-1975 - Eagles
History - America's Greatest Hits - America
A Night At The Opera - Queen
A Night On The Town - Rod Stewart
Presence - Led Zeppelin
Silk Degrees - Boz Scaggs
Songs In The Key Of Life - Stevie Wonder
Wings At The Speed Of Sound - Wings

Last edited by scampr : 07-10-2008 at 02:02 AM.