View Single Post
Old 03-21-2009, 10:11 AM
Patriotism is as fierce as a fever, pitiless as the grave, blind as a stone, and irrational as a headless hen.

Credits: 33,499
Fever might win a People's Choice award
Fever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice award

Let me preface it by saying I have never been a huge Decemberists fan; but have seen Colin in show a few different times and ways, and think this is very reflective of his taste.
I've only run through it half a dozen times; but when I did, I just started fron the beginning, and ran through the entire album while I was working - which is the correct way.
The downside:
A little heavy on the dramatic extremes for my regular background listening, and I don't make a practice of rock opera; and I don't know if Ican still see myself pulling singles down the road.
The upside:
Colin's vocals seem a bit more tempered, by the music and women, than my perceived 'normal' which I like; as he grates on me in larger doses.

Overall, I dig it, but not sure how much dedication I have to absorbing it in it's entirety; where Crane Wife & Picaresque, the last two, had definite singles you could pull.