View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 08:36 PM
Patriotism is as fierce as a fever, pitiless as the grave, blind as a stone, and irrational as a headless hen.

Credits: 33,519
Fever might win a People's Choice award
Fever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice award

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
Growing up in the San Francisco Bay Area, 420 was always slang for weed. Something about kids in Marin meeting after school @ 4:20pm to get loaded; but it's taken on a life of it's own, and is pretty widely used as shorthand for smoking out. I love to smoke.

As for the generational music thing, you're right. I grew up in and around the vibrant San Fran music scene - Santana, Dead, Fleetwood, Doobies, even later in my generation Journey, Metallica, etc., but my first concert was the all-mormon Donnie & Marie Osmond show 'cause that's what the fam was into. So had I went that way and drank the kool-aid, instead of going the route of the deliquent rocker, I too would have missed alot.

Think you should give Stevie's hits a go though, as he's been a big part of my musical upbringing - hey, another thread - best Stevie Wonder cover, Phish's 'Boogie on Reggae Woman' live in concert:
Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.