The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions

The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/index.php)
-   I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Fitness shite (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/showthread.php?t=9302)

Thomas 08-26-2008 10:42 AM

Fitness shite

I'm gonna say that although i am in good shape, I am not a workout type of guy. I don't lift weights and i don't do any exercise other than ride my bike.

But because of trying to spin really hard in the air and not being able to go past 360 degrees i was kind of dumbfounded. I was talking to a friend and he says that you have to work out your core to be able to spin really hard.

So i bought this book a while back and i wanted to recommend it to anyone that is in any kind of athletics. The shit in here is incredible. The author started all the Athletes Perfomance (http://www.athletesperformance.com) facilities and trains a lot of the top athletes in pro sports. His methods in this book are amazing.

I can't recommend this book enough. This stuff is different from lifting weights and you can do most all of it from home without weights. There are a lot of testimonials from top pro sports players in here too talking about these methods of training.

http://www.amazon.com/Core-Performan...64738&sr= 8-1

"This program has transformed me from a skinny college baseball player with little power into one of the best-conditioned players in Major League Baseball." --Nomar Garciaparra, shortstop, Chicago Cubs

"This is the best decision I have ever made with regard to improving and educating myself as an athlete. I just wish I had made it sooner."--Mia Hamm, Olympic and world-champion soccer player

:D

Omaplata 08-26-2008 10:46 AM

Interestingly enough, pilates is great for core strength (although I don't do it), as is working out with kettle balls. Kettle ball drills are such a good work out for strengthening your core.

SexyLion 08-26-2008 10:47 AM

I am a big believer in working the Core. I did that a few years back and man, I lost 40 pounds of fat, built muscle (cause it helps you actually get those muscles working right) and looked great. (actual quote from my daughter "where did your belly go Daddy?")

So, thanks, I will look into it.

DSF Guest 6 08-26-2008 10:48 AM

Code:

Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only.

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.

Any coincidence that those two are married?? haha

Thomas 08-26-2008 10:51 AM

maybe not, but i just grabbed those quotes from amazon.

there are about 100 more quotes from pro athletes of every dicipline in the actual book.

Thomas 08-26-2008 10:52 AM

Code:

Actually this stuff is like a beefed up manly version of Pilates to be honest.

DSF Guest 6 08-26-2008 10:53 AM

Code:

either way, Nomar was the best SS in the game at one point and Mia was the best women's soccer player.....I'm going to download this if anyone finds it, or maybe just buy it......

Thomas 08-26-2008 10:58 AM

You can actually pilfer some really good articles off the website

Code:

there are a lot of good info there

red7ine 08-26-2008 10:58 AM

just a question, but do you need weights or any other equipment for this program? I really need something I can do at home without buying shitloads of equipment, and there is not a gym nearby.

Thomas 08-26-2008 11:01 AM

No. the most you would need if you do the whole thing is some resistance straps (like the surgical tubing type bands) and maybe a yoga ball.

But you can get started on the basic stuff with no equipment at all.

I forgot to add there are a lot of extremely good stretching exercises too.
Ways to stretch that i have never seen anywhere before.