The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions

The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/index.php)
-   I am - Music Discussion (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Cant miss live acts/shows (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/showthread.php?t=7447)

MC Lean 07-10-2008 06:28 PM

Cant miss live acts/shows

Some bands excell in a live setting, studio material aside what acts would you rep?

I'll start, if they come anywhere near you dont miss the Umphreys Mcgee and STS9 co-bill tour. Both are great live acts.

Umphreys is a little bit of everything and STS9 is at the top of the list of live electronica.

randomhoudini 07-10-2008 06:49 PM

The Dillinger Escape Plan. Without a doubt the best show I have ever been to. They were fucking electric. I've never seen so much energy on display in such a confined space.

vdo4flm 07-10-2008 07:13 PM

Can't Miss live acts/shows

Code:

Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only.

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.

I try to never miss Lucero or Rocky Votolato.

Code:

Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only.

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.

trondi 07-10-2008 09:57 PM

Arcade Fire!! I don't think I have ever willingly clapped my hands so much in my life.
You will clap and sing along a lot at an Arcade Fire show. Sore hands and a hoarse voice.:)

U2!! It's a near religious experience for me.

Tool!! Wow, audio art unfolding before your very eyes and ears. Pretty amazing Live band.

DSF Guest 6 07-14-2008 08:10 AM

Local H puts on one kick ass show.

sportster 07-14-2008 08:54 AM

Kiss puts on an amazing show. Well worth going to.

bbanner 07-14-2008 10:21 AM

Queens of the Stone Age put on an amazing show. I'm def seeing them again when they come back to nyc

aschaefer 07-14-2008 01:28 PM

tool
primus
dredg

ronhonda 07-14-2008 01:29 PM

nine inch nails

troup 07-15-2008 11:27 AM

The Blue Man Group is a great fun experience and I have one of their concerts downloaded too which is basically all music and its great as well. I saw them in Boston in their little theatre and I had an absolute blast.