The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions

The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/index.php)
-   I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Why Rapidshare? (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/showthread.php?t=4696)

Crazy808 05-19-2008 08:21 PM

Why Rapidshare?

Just wondering why does everyone still upload on rs? When there's quicker (mediafire) and other popular ones like Megaupload available?
I prefer mediafire as it was so quick today, and I *think* you can download more than one file at a time.
Theres also sendspace which is ok, but a little slow.

But why do we all still use rapidshare? Those cats are such a pain in the hole!

And no, I'm not too cheap to buy an account, I just don't see the point when I can use other servers for free :D

rdc2007 05-19-2008 08:58 PM

Because rapidshit is still the most widely used service on the internet. It's also, IMO, the easiest to use. You can use rapid uploader as a free user to upload as much as you want.

Sendspace deletes files that aren't downloaded every fifteen minutes (slight exaggeration). Mediafire leaves them alone but you can only upload 10 files at a time. This may be okay for you but I tend to upload shitloads at once. I used to upload everything to both rapidshit and mediafart but I got tired of the extra work.

It seems that megaupload is gaining on rapidshit in terms of popularity. However, the aforementioned ease of use and the points I earn on rapidshit are keeping me there. Yeah, other services give points too but, occasional slowdowns aside, rapidshit still is the easiest for me to use. Especially as a paying customer. It's not that expensive anyway and I find it well worth paying for.

gallow737 05-19-2008 09:14 PM

I upload using mediafire because I know that people who don't have a RS premium account have to wait to download a second time, and MEdiafire doesn't do that. I've been posting a lot of RS links today though because I've been using a Rapidshare search engine and have been finding a lot of stuff that I wanted to share that I could just supply the link I found instead of downloading it all myself and uploading to Mediafire. That would just be a waste of time.

But if I ever upload anything of my own, I use Mediafire. Rapidshare just has the convenience of being the most popular site to use, and thus, has plenty of search engines which make things easy to find and then post elsewhere. I have a premium account, which costs like $15 a month or something. That may seem a bit much for that, but if you think about it, the moment you download 2 CD's you've immediately made your money back. That's how I view it. It's worth it, especially if you download lots of stuff other than music

Shasturbator 05-19-2008 09:16 PM

I think most of the uploaders here still use RS because they've got enough uploads and DLs from those to get it free now, I eventually purchased an account and am just now attempting to upload DVDs....And, how do you upload "shitloads" at once?

Randal Graves 05-19-2008 09:22 PM

Code:

Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only.

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.

If you mean to rapidshare. I open about 10-15 different tabs in my browser all at the rapidshare.com main page. Then I just go from there hitting upload. When I wake up in the morning they are all done and ready to go.

rdc2007 05-19-2008 09:51 PM

Code:

Strain really hard and try not to pass out.

rdc2007 05-19-2008 09:53 PM

Code:

Hey Randal, download their free Rapid Upload program. It's easy to use (and free) and you won't need to do it one at a time.

goonarms 05-19-2008 09:54 PM

Can you get upload hemroids?

Shasturbator 05-19-2008 10:40 PM

Code:

I took a few DVDs to work today and tried it there, I have a T1 (or T2 not sure) connection, but my F'in PC sounded like it was geting ready to take flight!!!...I posted that in another thread as well....shit, I shut everything else down and the bitch kept on humming...

strommsarnac 05-20-2008 02:40 PM

Aren't any of you worried that at some point the MPAA, Feds, some government, etc. will decide to crack down on these sites and you'll be totally screwed?

Just wondering what the general thoughts are. Being a tech guy, I have to think about these things, block these types of sites for my clients, etc.