The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions

The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/index.php)
-   I am - Peer Validation (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   HAE had a molar pulled? (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/showthread.php?t=38369)

Mr Handlebars 10-02-2010 02:08 AM

HAE had a molar pulled?

I just got a molar pulled last Monday. It was the molar just before my wisdom tooth on the upper west side (left side) (see pic below) Now I have a big hole there and can see the bone.

How long did it take for your hole to close up and did you have any complications? I don't really have any pain, except for a mild headache.

trekgod3 10-02-2010 07:51 AM

I had all four of my wisdom teeth removed when I was a teenager. All of them were still in my jaw and hadn't erupted yet, so they cut a hole in my jaw and then cut each tooth into little pieces to remove it.

Foetus 10-02-2010 08:19 AM

Code:

Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only.

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.

ditto.

when i was kid i used to pull out my own teeth when i wanted money.

ThatHaole 10-02-2010 03:03 PM

I pull mine pretty much every day.

TR 10-03-2010 08:10 PM

no drinking through a straw or squeeze water bottle. You don't want dry sockets. I had all 4 wisdom teeth pulled with no complications.

Secnarf047 10-03-2010 11:44 PM

I've had both top back molars crumble on some thick tortilla chips.
Gotta be careful when I smile in shitty neighborhoods 'cause the replacements are gold.

As for the holes closing up, give it a week or two.

Proof...

Yeah, I only have 4 and 1/16 teeth.

Mr Handlebars 10-04-2010 04:21 AM

The thing I hate the most is the foul smell that goes up my nose from inside my mouth and the taste that goes with it. Strange part is all the research I've found indicates that it should be there all the time if I;m having complications, but mine only happens for like 1/2 and then disappears. That's what's bugging me out so much.

Then to add insult to injury, I sliced a really deep cut into the outside of my thumb last night and had to go to the ER for 6 stitches. I was trying to open a can of fruit with one of those safety can opener and the glue from the lid made the top stick. So I tried to pry it with a knife and slipped. Luckily, I only nicked the tendon and didn't sever it. I'm turning into the walking wounded.

MrGoutHimself 10-05-2010 05:01 AM

Code:

Good thing you didn't try to monkey the can open with your feet, or you wouldn't even be walking mein freund.

Mr Handlebars 10-05-2010 06:04 AM

Code:

True, but I wish I could get this evil monkey off my back.

cdb8457 10-17-2010 09:43 PM

I got all 4 of mine pulled at once and it might have been the single worst pain I have ever had.