The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions

The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/index.php)
-   I am - Music Discussion (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Fix music ID tags? (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/showthread.php?t=17440)

strommsarnac 03-14-2009 07:52 PM

Fix music ID tags?

Hi all,

I have about 200 CDs I've converted over the past 15 years, so all the folder/file names are different.

I really don't want to have to go back and reconvert my collection again, but the wife just got an Ipod Touch and wants my music.

Do any of you use a program which will standardize the naming of music by artist, album, song name and do it automatically?

Thanks.

lefthandblack 03-14-2009 09:00 PM

I use Tag&Rename.
At first I only used it to simply single/multi edit tags, but you can do lots of advanced renaming, getting tags from filename, etc. BetterFileRename is also a favorite of mine. I use it to get the filenames right first. Easy-cdda extractor also tags files, but I only use it to save album art to multiple files (T&R can't - I think)

Tag & Rename is also great to add track-numbers - my phone sorts all tracks by the number - and it's nice to play 'em in the right order.

Nothing is fully automatic, though. But I guess you figured that out already.

adhesivestp 03-15-2009 06:14 AM

I heard some say they use media monkey to automatically organize their collection. But I would never let some program mess with my 50,000+ mp3 collection :)

TheSNakE 03-15-2009 01:25 PM

I've used UltraTagger for years. works great.