The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions

The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/index.php)
-   I am - stepPOLLS (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   How many times have you finished reading the BIBLE? (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/showthread.php?t=23556)

satan666 08-11-2009 01:25 AM

How many times have you finished reading the BIBLE?

How many times have you finished reading the BIBLE?

1. More than 5 times

2. 2-4 times

3. 1 time

4. I start but never finish it

5. I am currently reading it

6. I don't read fiction!

Discuss!!

Secnarf047 08-11-2009 01:33 AM

I have to admit that it's a pretty good racket for being 2000+ years old.

n2tattoos.lol 08-11-2009 01:57 AM

i'm a confirmed catholic, so i've read the Bible quite a few times. most people don't know this, but the Vatican decreed the Bible should be taken as a series of parables. they condemn the literal interpretation as too fundamentalist.

Predator24 08-11-2009 08:11 AM

More than 5 times.

I went to Catholic school from Kindergarten to Sophomore year in High School. In grade school we were given "Bible homework" everynight where you must read assigned chapters and report on them and their meanings. We would be given up to 8 chapters of separate books every night.

Wan't a bad deal since so many people try to paraphrase bible references and have no idea what they're talking about, I can easily diffuse their crazy ass arguments (crazy televangelist types).

tlock 08-11-2009 10:13 AM

once growing up and once in high school for English class

FortySuz&Two 08-11-2009 03:00 PM

various versus in church but the whole thing...never.

DontSnatch 08-11-2009 03:29 PM

catholic school... plus my grade 7 teacher would make me write out pages out of the bible as punishment.

thermos 08-11-2009 03:36 PM

I've only read the passages that our very own Trips immaculately birthed.....but I don't think the Council of Nicaea ever approved any of it? So it's all blaspheme.

I've actually read it 2 or 3 times. I would always space out around leviticus or that kings bullshit. I don't know how the jews read that old testament shit over and over again.

Song of Solomon is the best though....total old school fap material.

beastley 08-11-2009 04:26 PM

haha good morrison reference...im not a christian nor a catholic, but i lived with a mormon family in spain(not common), so i was given the book of mormon...read it a bit.

im not really down with being told that im a sinner and shit, nor do i believe men can write the "word of g-d", so hopefully one day i'll read it just so i dontfeel like a complete idiot when i play along with jeopardy and can answer pop culture qs about it

Boon 08-11-2009 07:31 PM

Code:

Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only.

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.

No wonder you are so fucked up. :p