The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions

The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/index.php)
-   I am - Music Discussion (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   What was the first Concert you ever went to? (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/showthread.php?t=1835)

idahotransplant 05-10-2008 12:35 AM

When I was in high school I won tickets from a radio station to see America, Atlanta Rhythm Section, Bachman Turner Overdrive and Steppenwolf. First two bands were ok, last two rocked.

ata033 05-10-2008 01:15 AM

Horrifying experience

Mine was a Winger concert. I went with my girlfriend and my brother, and wound up sitting next to this fat, drunk hillbilly couple who behaved in a manner that made John Belushi from Animal House seem like a snooty congressman. Hillbilly Jim (not his real name) yells as loud as he can to his girlfriend, but really to everyone, "I'll be back; I gotta shit." He climbs over me, farting in my face as he went, and over my girl and brother. While he's gone, his girlfriend looks at me funny so I ask if she's alright. She vomits in my freakin' lap, and passes out with her head in the puke. Hillbilly Jim comes back, sees his girlfriends head in my lap, and (I'm assuming) thinks she's giving me oral sex. He punches me as hard as he could:mad: , so my brother jumps on him and starts beating the crap out of him:) . Well, apparently Hillbilly Jim had brought his brother too and I wound up fighting this giant redneck. The owner called the cops, and as the cops arrive, I had somehow beaten up Big Zeke (not his real name either) and Jack (my brother) had destroyed Hillbilly Jim. The cops see me and Jack, pepper spray us, and throw us in the squad car:eek: while the owner, my girlfriend, Hillbilly Jim's girlfriend, and it seemed like 25 other people had told them that we didn't start the fight. After about 30 minutes, the idiot cops realized that we were the ones who were assaulted and arrested the Appalachian Assholes. :) Anyway, that's the story of my first concert. I haven't been to too many more since.

valiumsandwich 05-10-2008 01:41 AM

i was 4 years old and saw Ratt. not even kidding. we had to leave cause it was to loud, i saw yngwie malmsteen (correct spelling?) at the same show but i dont remember him as much.

mhump23 05-11-2008 04:29 PM

First: Uriah Heep with Edgar Winter's White Trash opening.

Best: Summer of '73. Saw Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd and the Who within about a 3 month span. Lost a lot of brain cells that summer!!

Geaux Saints 05-15-2008 07:16 PM

My first concert was in Jackson, MS, and it was Def Leppard (During their Hysteria tour). Queensryche was the opening act. It was incredible! The stage was in the middle of the coliseum and could be viewed from all sides. It was a truly amazing show. :D

deadinabottle 05-15-2008 10:16 PM

my first concert was a earth wind and fire concert back when i was like 4. first concert i wanted to go to was a punk rock show with blink 182 and pulley opening and i think snuff as the headliner. it was at a bowling alley and i think it was only like $7 for the ticket...conveniently that was the first night i ever smoked weed as well.

TheSNakE 05-15-2008 10:42 PM

Madison Square Garden

Robin Trower with Wishbone Ash, around 1976. Many, many more since then.

El Borracho 05-15-2008 10:47 PM

My first show was Smashing Pumpkins w/ Garbage in 1996 at the Dean Dome in Chapel Hill, NC. My 2nd show was also a Pumpkins show in early 1997 after which I got my taste of sweet, sweet loving. Man that band was gold for getting the high school ladies going in the mid 90s.

As for the people who've seen Floyd, I'd give my left nipple to see/have seen them live.

gallow737 05-15-2008 11:22 PM

Headliner: Cherry Poppin' Daddies
Openers: The Pietasters, Ozomatli

Still, to this day, one of the best live shows I've seen.

mmmike 05-16-2008 02:18 AM

Cheap Trick with the Michael Schenker Group opening at the Kaiser Auditorium in Oakland. Some Schenker loyalist hung a bed sheet sign off the balcony that read "Cheap Trick U Suk, MSG Forever". The facility staff left it up for the MSG set then took it sown before CT played. Great stuff all around.