The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions

The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/index.php)
-   I am - Peer Validation (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   What book are you reading right now? (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/showthread.php?t=59457)

nestanesta 11-11-2008 09:26 PM

Code:

Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only.

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.

omg i love that book

i got the casette version for my bday and used to listen to it all the time in my car driving to/back from school

Boon 11-11-2008 10:36 PM

Fucking Hell

danieldamone 11-11-2008 10:54 PM

I'm re-reading High Fidelity and trying to finish Teacher Man. I bought Teacher Man whenit came out a couple years ago (It's the third installment of Frank McCourts autobiography...Angela's Ashes, 'Tis, Teacher Man), and...it isnt that it's not a good book...I just can't seem to get engaged. It's a fascinating story though. Kind of my people's Roots.

a1ctt 11-12-2008 01:23 AM

I just started reading "The Dark Side" by Jane Mayer. Makes your blood boil.

Choppie 11-12-2008 11:07 AM

Promise of the Witch King - R.A. Salvatore

i=pig 11-12-2008 03:55 PM

Just finished reading the Fall of Troy trilogy by David Gremmel.
Pretty cool book about ancient Greece. And his take on how they viewed Gods and divination. He has a cool way of revealing Odysseus and how all his stories came to be. If you like fantasy books and mythology this is a good series.

R. Scott Bakker wrote a series called the Prince of Nothing.
Awesome trilogy too.

And probably my number one favorite George R.R. Martin's
Sword of Ice and Fire ongoing series.

korporate 11-12-2008 06:43 PM

Started reading Theodore Rex today, its about Teddy Rosevelt

Also a Star Trek book because im a geek like that

Carlos Spicy Wiener 11-22-2008 02:39 PM

I've been reading a book Serial Killers:The method and madness of monsters by Peter Vronsky. Its look into the history of the phenomenon of serial murder. I was shocked on how far back it goes, a Count in France killed a total of 800 women and children. and there's many more, it shows how society didn't keep better track of these murders unitl the late 1800's.

Mr Handlebars 11-22-2008 02:59 PM

Jewish History and Thought: An Introduction
By Menahem Mansoor

Reads more like a college textbook, using outline and references to instill further investigation by the reader to seek out original Biblical texts and non-secular writings to answer the questions of the history of the Jewish People, their history, feelings and struggles. There is enough information of reference materials contained in this book to keep a scholar occupied for the rest of his life.

VictorianPimp 11-22-2008 08:55 PM

I'm reading about 5 different books on how the Vikings constantly ruined the Franks collective shit.

Isn't university great?