The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions

The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/index.php)
-   I am - Peer Validation (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   HAE quit smoking? (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/showthread.php?t=34638)

slipple 05-26-2010 03:58 PM

Almost 10 years ago using Nicotine gum. It was really hard and I relapsed a couple times. Exercising and playing sports got much easier and my allergies cleared up as well. That was enough to know the shit was fucking up my body big time.

The Godfather 05-26-2010 10:09 PM

Never smoked a cancer stick in my life but I did give up the sticky icky when I went corporate. It was replaced by diet sodas. Weird, I know.

jcn175 05-26-2010 10:30 PM

FWIW

I'm using chantix right now. It's like flipping a switch. A month ago I could not have possibly had a drink without a smoke soon thereafter. Now I don't even think about it. I also tried the Buproprion (sp) but it jacked my bp so high i had to go back to the doc.

d_b_99 05-29-2010 06:22 PM

When I quit, I moved from a jurisdiction that had low cigarette taxes to a place that had high cigarette taxes. I didn't want to pay so much more (double for a pack of fewer cigarettes) so I quit. Simple, really.

MrGoutHimself 05-30-2010 12:28 AM

I quit smoking all the time. First time I quit was when I was in Boot Camp on Parris Island. 13 weeks, no tobacco. I quit for 2 and a half years during my first marriage, and most recently was quit for 5 years during the end of my second. It's not hard to pick back up though, the clerk at the nearest gas station sold me some Camel Blues and I was back in business!

Stantz 05-30-2010 06:41 AM

When I gave up I was smoking 20 a day. That was about 12 years ago and a packet was fast approaching ?3.50 a packet. At the time money was a bit tight so I smoked the last 3 in my last pack that morning (I worked nights) and stopped

Just like that, I stopped. Sugar free chewing gum helped but that was it. I tried the patches but they just made me feel ill.

toolittletodo 06-03-2010 04:03 PM

I was smoking almost 2 packs a day before I quit 1 year ago- Did it with the patch and will power. You have to genuinely WANT to quit or it won't work. After 2-3 weeks pass, you realize, "Hey, that was nothing, and I'm a giant pussy for not quitting earlier."

Stantz 06-05-2010 07:46 AM

Code:

Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only.

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.

Amen brother. I notice all commercials for patches/gum have a disclaimer at the bottom; 'requires willpower'. I genuinely reckon a lot of people think that using substitutes will be a magical cure-all. Well, better patches and gum rather than those inhalator sticks that make you look like a 5-year old

decano67 06-05-2010 10:17 AM

I quit in January and I fell off the wagon this past weekend... I hope i can get back on soon...:(

Anonymous 06-05-2010 11:44 AM

everytime you have a smoke, let someone fuck you in the ass. after about 3 days of this you will associate smoking with being anally raped.