The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions

The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/index.php)
-   I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   PIZZA TIME! (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/showthread.php?t=45173)

pmpn8ez112 09-29-2011 10:37 PM

D.C. Jumbo Slice
The Place: Jumbo Slice; Adam's Morgan, Washington, D.C.
The Pie: Yep, you're seeing straight. The slice is bigger than that guy's head, and it's a late-night must in D.C. Featured on the Travel Channel's Food Wars, Jumbo Slice battled it out with its rival, Pizza Mart, for the title of best jumbo-sized pizza. Who's the winner? You'll just have to take a trip to the capital to judge for yourself. Be sure to bring a hearty appetite.

Cincinnati Chili?Topped Pizza
The Place: Newport Pizza Company; Newport, KY
The Pie: When ex-pat Cincinnatians Lee Kinzer and Mike Westrich opened their restaurant with a view of downtown Cincinnati from their window, they wanted to bring some of their favorite foods onto the pizzas ? and chili was a must. So after a few iterations and taste tests, the "Cincinnatus," a thin-crust pizza topped with cream cheese, Cincinnati chili, and sharp Cheddar cheese, was born.

Wisconsin Mac n' Cheese Pizza
The Place: Ian's Pizza by the Slice; Madison, WI
The Pie: Forget boxed Mac. Students from the University of Wisconsin flock to Ian's on State to get their macaroni and cheese ? on a pizza. The Mac n' Cheese slice is Ian's all-time best seller. But if you make a stop at the shop, don't settle for just one slice; they've got plenty more inventive toppings like BBQ Steak and French Fry, Philly Cheesesteak, and, on the lighter side, Salad Pizza.

pmpn8ez112 09-29-2011 10:38 PM

Phoenix Rosa Pizza
The Place: Pizzeria Bianco; Phoenix, AZ
The Pie: This pizza's got more to it than just looks ? which aren't too shabby. The star ingredient on this beautiful pie is crushed Arizona pistachios. Pistachios on pizza? Along with the combination of red onions, Parmigianno-Reggiano, and rosemary, the pistachios add a surprising flavor and crunch. Don't just take our word for it though, stop by for a bite the next time you're in the desert city.

pmpn8ez112 09-29-2011 10:38 PM

California-Style Pizza
The Place: Spago; Beverly Hills, CA
The Pie: Celebrity Chef Wolfgang Puck permanently changed the way Americans think about pizza by turning the humble pie into a fine-dining experience at his movie-star-filled restaurant, Spago. His most famous version, Smoked Salmon and Caviar, was actually a fortunate accident. One busy evening, the restaurant ran out of lavash for the smoked salmon. Puck quickly crafted a pizza dough from scratch, topped it with smoked salmon, and ? voil?! ? the signature pizza was born.

pmpn8ez112 09-29-2011 10:39 PM

San Fran Sustainable Pie
The Place: Chez Panisse; Berkeley, CA
The Pie: Alice Waters has been called a pioneer in the local food movement. At her restaurant Chez Panisse, it's not about the crust ? it's about the toppings. Chez Panisse's best-known pizza is adorned with local wild nettles, the greens that grow throughout the hills behind the Berkeley-based restaurant. Local, seasonal, sustainable, and homegrown ingredients are Chez Panisse's mantra.

pmpn8ez112 09-29-2011 10:43 PM

Another one of my favorites...Giordano's pizza in Chicago

madmonke 09-29-2011 10:59 PM

Code:

Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only.

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.

I know what I am going to try when I go down to the Newport Aquarium....

dolphinskull 09-30-2011 12:58 PM

josehl 09-30-2011 01:00 PM

Code:

Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only.

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.

I hate HATE HATE Chicago style pizza. And Giordano's is the very worst.