The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions

The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/index.php)
-   I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Can't gets no sleep (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/showthread.php?t=5463)

n00batron 05-31-2008 03:07 AM

Can't gets no sleep

In two hours (it's 4 AM right now) I plan on driving from VA to CT. Trouble is that I've been awake for the past two hours or so and can't get back to sleep. So I said fuck it--I'll leave now.

I guess I get excited sometimes and either can't fall asleep or wake up in the middle of the night and can't get back to sleep. Used to happen to me when I was younger, too (i.e. going back to school after the summer). I keep strange hours anyway, mostly because of school but partly because I just don't like going to bed early. That certainly doesn't help.

Anyway, anyone else have strange sleep habits/problems?

Thomas 05-31-2008 03:11 AM

yup...i go thru crazy weird sleep patterns.

But if i have something really important the next day i will take nyquil. It puts me to sleep and i'm not groggy the next day like with sleeping pills.

rankamateur 05-31-2008 03:41 AM

Oh yeah, that's me. I seriously can wake up at 7:00 am and not be sleepy until after midnight. So what happens is I constantly am up later and later, until I wind up pulling all-nighters because I'm not tired. I think the term circadian rhythm is the right one here - the internal clock thing - mine seems to want a much longer day, like 30 hours or so.

mydarlingclementine 05-31-2008 05:19 AM

Yer my internal clock is quite fucked, I wake up at 4.45 every morning then go back to sleep after about an hour. If I drink loads of caffeine as well it happens an hour or two earlier. It started after I came off the old SSRIs, I think they were called Paxil - apparently it's because I was taking them during puberty.

Used to really annoy me but now I find things to do.

My sister wakes up for about five minutes every hour, she never gets any REM sleep.

Cx

Yalvulcon 05-31-2008 08:28 AM

i have REAL bad bouts of insomnia where i go 2 or 3 days without sleep. i went almost 5 days once right before christmas when i was in college. i have been this way all my life. drives my wife nuts now.

ms. cellany 05-31-2008 11:57 AM

Code:

Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only.

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.

Same thing happened to me this morning- I'm driving down to San Francisco today and then on to Santa Barbara, and I was planning on getting a good amount of sleep last night since I've been running on little sleep lately.

But of course, I woke up like 2 hours earlier than I had set my alarm for, tossed and turned for a bit, then figured fuck it. Got up, took the shower, packed the car, and got going.

And most days I have no problem sleeping in late.

strommsarnac 06-01-2008 10:41 AM

I had a paper route back from 81' to 87'. Had to get up at 3:45 every morning to have enough time to delivery my papers, get back home and shower and get to the school bus.

I still wake up every Mon-Sat at 3:45am. No alarm clock needed. Sucks.

deadinabottle 06-01-2008 01:36 PM

my sleeping habits are pretty bad as well. no matter what time i go to sleep, im getting up at 6:30am even if im still really tired. i can usually fall back asleep if im really tired but it still lasts to maybe 8am or so. the worst part is ive done this since i was a little kid and i think it stems from early before school hockey practices from when i was still in grade school/jr high.

binary_jester 06-01-2008 01:43 PM

I was on this board until 3:00AM CDT. Go figure.

PANDAmonium 06-01-2008 02:14 PM

I have RLS (restless leg syndrome), which is a totally bullshit sleeping disorder, but it keeps me awake for hours at night.

Besides that I can never get to sleep before 2 in the morning and my biological clock is permanently set for 6, and if I go to bed again after that I always wake up again at 10 and then can't go back to sleep after that.