The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions

The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/index.php)
-   I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Google is no longer allowing new GMail users that do not own a cell phone (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/showthread.php?t=23922)

satan666 08-20-2009 10:49 AM

Google is no longer allowing new GMail users that do not own a cell phone

Google is no longer allowing new GMail users that do not own a cell phone. They are storing your number to "avoid unnecessary future verifications for other Google services"

Code:

Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only.

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.

it seems, so far, that this is region specific... might be a test. Anybody know anything about this?

strommsarnac 08-20-2009 01:03 PM

What's scary is that lots of sites now require your cell phone number. I usually give them a bogus one, but I will not attach my real number with my online email accounts. I just don't trust web-email companies with my personal stuff. I do have them, pretty much all the top 20 providers, but none are used for anything I want to be seen as me. That's what I have my own Exchange server and domain for.

carajas 08-20-2009 01:19 PM

What's the deal with this Gmail thing?
Never really got into it.
Heard a lot people saying that is better than everything else.
I have a hotmail account and I'm happy with it... what's the difference? :confused:

trekgod3 08-20-2009 01:30 PM

If anyone wants an "invite" email me.

Code:

Trips 08-20-2009 05:05 PM

I'm actually using the google voice, its pretty fucking tits. My and my business partner both sign up under one number, it rings us both on the cell/home/work phones and the first one that answers gets the call. If neither one of us answer it goes to voicemail which FUCKING TRANSCRIBES them so we don't have to actually listen to someone studder for half an hour. It'll email or txt the message to both of us.

Best of all its free! If anyone wants/needs an invite just PM me. Its pretty great for not giving out your personal number

SirLongFoot 08-20-2009 05:16 PM

Code:

"Business partner"? Is that what you call it?

:p

Trips 08-20-2009 05:45 PM

Code:

Yes, I have found the other half of the Eiffel tower of my heart :D

Edit: Ah shit, googlevoice isn't allowing personal invites at the moment. The only way to get one is at this link:

Code:

kcamsdog1387 08-21-2009 02:37 PM

Code:

I just got one. Kinda had to because I lost my cell charger in a drunken stupor and now I'm using it whenever I'm home. I find the transcriber needs a little bit more work, though. I like how you can also download the voicemails. I've been toying with the ones my brother leaves me, adding beats and generally just splicing together words to make him sound as gay as possible.

beastley 08-21-2009 03:03 PM

yeah shit is fucked up.

i actually realizd it recently cuz i made myself a new one, and a few days later my mom wanted me to make her one.

so when i was almost done, it asked for the cell. which it didnt do for me....wack