The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions

The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/index.php)
-   I am - Your Home Team Sucks (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Favorite MLB Team?/MLB Talk (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/showthread.php?t=4579)

dogstain 05-16-2008 01:15 PM

Go Blue!!!

idahotransplant 05-16-2008 01:48 PM

Code:

Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only.

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.

That they do. It would be nice to see it filled up more than just bobblehead and fireworks night though. Pittsburghers love their sports so much that it's frustrating to see the Pirates suck for so many years. All it would take is one good season contending for the playoffs and that stadium would be packed like the Pens have theirs now.

beastley 05-16-2008 02:01 PM

wow i can't believe there is another marlins fan on the boards...
i agree with u, fuck the dh...there's no need for it, but to put more runs on the board(ie, make more money cuz fans love the long ball(along with chicks))

goonarms 05-16-2008 02:04 PM

I haven't gotten into baseball since i was young but now because of fantasy baseball I've taken a liking to the Pirates!

binary_jester 05-16-2008 02:21 PM

I grew up on national league and I hate the DH, although more and more AL teams don't rely on the log ball so much.

Sucks being stuck here in MN. AL baseball in a real shitty stadium.

idahotransplant 05-16-2008 02:22 PM

Code:

That seems like it can't possibly be a true statement. Until this year the only Pirate worth a crap was Jason Bay (and one year of Freddy Sanchez, but who saw that coming). At least this year we've got Nate McLouth, Bay, Xavier Nady and now Adam Laroche since April is over. Oh, and a few pitchers like Matt Capps

Soze 05-16-2008 02:24 PM

big brewers fan here. the team's heading out to boston for what should be a pretty interesting series this weekend

beastley 05-16-2008 02:29 PM

Code:

yeah i play fantasy a lot and i agree with idaho....this was the only year i had a pirates player on one of my teams..and that just bay, hoping for a bounceback.

idahotransplant 05-16-2008 02:30 PM

Jump on the Nate McLouth bandwagon now. It's filling up fast. There's no way he can continue to hit like he has all year, but damn he's tearing it up so far.

beastley 05-16-2008 02:47 PM

too late, hes been taken all across the board. i didnt expect him to be THIS successful, or i would have gotten him before...