The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions

The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/index.php)
-   I am - Peer Validation (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   HAE quit smoking? (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/showthread.php?t=34638)

smeegs 05-24-2010 01:06 AM

HAE quit smoking?

I'm going on 15 years and have given alot of thought to giving them up, anybody got any suggestions to the best way?

FAHQ 05-24-2010 03:39 AM

I am currently quitting smoking right now. I am taking Champix (Chantix in the states) and I am having no issues or negative side effects. I find it works quite well. Best of luck. Had to quit due to the fact that cigarettes are about 10 bucks a pack here in Canada.

McHookerino 05-24-2010 05:24 AM

I quit last November and I took Chantix as well.

Only side effect I had was that i remember my dreams now, in vivid detail as well. Some of them are effing weird too

Bam-Bam 05-24-2010 08:26 AM

I tried for many years with various methods. I was finally able to succeed 2 1/2 years ago, with no aids. You have to set your mind to it. You cannot rely on drugs, gum, nicotine patches, or anything else. You have to want to quit. Once your mind is set, its really just your own willpower.

Good Luck!

satan666 05-24-2010 08:47 AM

Code:

Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only.

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.

Dodged a bullet there eh? :D

Bam-Bam 05-24-2010 09:03 AM

Code:

LOL!!

Predator24 05-24-2010 12:29 PM

Code:

I quit back in March and used determination and tons of Bupropion or otherwise known as "Wellbutrin". With everything else I was on, I was too fucking high to worry about smoking. I think some of my best posts on DSF we done while I was on wellbutrin.

Long story short, it worked and I havent smoked since March

ThatHaole 05-24-2010 02:21 PM

Code:

Ditto!

I used the patch once before and it was just one more thing to quit. This last time (1.5 years ago) I said fuck it, I'm quitting. If I can quit the blow and the booze I know I have the ability to quit smoking - still it was a bitch! But it gets easier as time goes on.

NookieJunkie 05-24-2010 03:19 PM

It is widely believed that nicotene is harder to quit than hardcore shit such as herion and crack...

TheSNakE 05-24-2010 03:36 PM

like 20 times. but I always go back. Love smoking.