The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions

The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/index.php)
-   I am - Music Discussion (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Strange opening bands for main act... (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/showthread.php?t=3913)

n2tattoos.lol 04-26-2008 06:25 PM

Strange opening bands for main act...

Went to see Cat Power the other night and a "dj+female singer" called Appaloosa opened. now, at first i thought it must be a joke...she's a horrible singer...but then they kinda grew on me. :confused:

Appaloosa on MySpace

anyone else run into funny/horrible/strange opening acts?

JerryN 04-26-2008 10:03 PM

I went to see Aerosmith, Ciara was one of the opening acts. She wasn't good...

r_t_q_p_02658 04-26-2008 10:05 PM

Serj Tankian opened for Foo Fighters recently

K-Man 04-26-2008 10:15 PM

One of the acts opening for Gwen Steffani was a white British wannabe rapper named Lady Sovereign. In my opinion, she was terrible! Bad teeth, bad hair and she reminded me of a white girl who wishes she could rap like a black girl. At least Akon was there as well so he made experiencing her a bit more bearable.

Rabelais 04-26-2008 10:43 PM

Went to U2 on their last tour and Kanye West opened for them... Longest hour of my life.

jeanyes 04-27-2008 04:59 PM

one of the times i saw beastie boys, a dog show opened. they jumped through hoops, and whatnot. the whole time i yelled stuff like, "yeah, dog" and "that's my dog." it was pretty sweet.

Albofett 04-28-2008 10:06 AM

Code:

Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only.

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.

I saw Aerosmith with Megadeath opening.... not a good mix.

Choppie 04-28-2008 10:27 AM

Three local emo darkwave bands opening for the Misfits/Gwar tour in '99.

That was an experience...to say the least.

ronhonda 04-28-2008 02:04 PM

Fem to Fem with Marilyn Manson opened up for Nine Inch Nails back in '94 at the roseland ballroom in NYC.
they came onstage wearing knee high boots, g-strings and black electrical tape across their nipples.
needless to say the next day i went out and bought their cd.
here is a link to one of their songs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCCzH...eature=related
also they were featured in a issue of playboy

Choppie 04-28-2008 02:10 PM

MM opening for NIN wasn't surprising, Trent came up with everything that people found interesting about Mr. Warner's band and side show.

Though I was confused that Hole opened....wtf. Who told Ms. Cobain that she could/should/even remotely resembles someone capable of singing.