The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions

The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/index.php)
-   I am - Music Discussion (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Intelligent Hip Hop (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/showthread.php?t=17636)

BjornIdentity 03-19-2009 11:22 PM

Intelligent Hip Hop

Its so hard to find good beats and smart rhymes, figured a thread for it would be a great way to get some fresh tracks. i'll kick it off with blue scholars album bayani
Code:

Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only.

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.

nachos1345 03-19-2009 11:23 PM

This section is for music discussion not music.

Five Inch Taint 04-18-2009 04:38 AM

Rap minus lies equals hip hop.

Some one read that off of a t-shirt to me.

McHookerino 04-18-2009 07:17 AM

Intelligent hip hop, does that even exist?

I just thought it was a bunch of kids with guns talking about how much stuff they have, and how much you don't?

Spaceman Spiff 04-26-2009 07:29 PM

Mos Def & Talib Kweli are Blackstar. Album is genius, and a reminder that hip hop isn't limited to money, cash, hoes. Also, The Roots Phrenology. Upbeat, and not 'gangsta', but very creative.

zork 04-27-2009 02:13 PM

Code:

Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only.

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.

haha oh dear. this isn't hip-hop you're describing.

on topic: cunninlynguists are pretty much fantastic. great lyrics, great production. 'dirty acres' and 'a piece of strange' are a good place to start with them i guess.

http://www.myspace.com/cunninlynguists

dr. octagon's (dr. octagon being one the many names of kool keith, who's other material i haven't really checked out) album 'dr. octagonocologyst' is a fantastic piece of work, easily my favourite rap album. it's pretty trip-hoppy though and the lyrics are incredibly abstract. it's not really everyone's thing but damn do i love it.

not gonna post a myspace for dr. octagon cause it's all stuff from his new album which isn't as good.

MillyMc 04-27-2009 10:19 PM

blackstar definately.

almost everyone on rhymesayers: atmosophere, brother ali, mac lethal, POS, etc.

MURS, the coup, mc paul barman.

really loving : zion i & people under the stairs lately.

cmetz 05-18-2009 03:52 PM

atmoshere is outstanding
can't forget jurassic 5

GeminiEye 05-18-2009 05:14 PM

Milly knows wassup. Here's some artists to check out.

Extended Famm
Ugly duckling
Blue Scholars
Panacea (The scenic route is absolutely one of the best hiphop albums ive ever heard)
CunninLynguists
EMC
The Cool Kids
Mathematik
Scholar (Philly Rapper that has barely made it yet, I came across his mixtape "Insanity Plea" and I must say it is fucking brilliant.)
Aesop Rock
Immortal Technique
Lupe Fiasco
Heiroglyphics
Del Tha Funky Homoesapien (If you haven't heard the album Deltron 3030 then you Don't know what your missing)
Rehab
The Grouch
Buckshot & 9th Wonder
Blu & Exile
Jay Electronica
Dalek
K'naan
Dan the automator
Prolyphic And Reanimator (The Ugly Truth is orgasmic to the ears)
K-os

Alright thats just a few for now. Im a big hip hop enthusiast. Same with rap too. Check out my playlist in the DSF juke box threa.

GeminiEye 05-18-2009 05:16 PM

Also if you want to hear some really good shit check out "Optimus Gryme" album Eclipse. Plain and simple fucking amazing.