The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions

The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/index.php)
-   I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Fuck you Apple - Turnabout is Fair Play, pussies (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/showthread.php?t=22356)

satan666 07-16-2009 03:54 AM

Fuck you Apple - Turnabout is Fair Play, pussies

Fuck you Apple. It was totally OK when you dissed Microsoft Windows in your ads...

Microsoft says Apple wanted 'Laptop Hunters' ad pulled
by Steven Musil

It should come as no surprise that Apple isn't a big fan of Microsoft's "Laptop Hunters" ads, but some may be surprised to learn the Mac maker's lawyers reportedly called a senior Microsoft executive and demanded the ads be removed.

The topic of TV ads, which feature prospective buyers comparing prices and features of Apple laptops and Windows-based laptops, came up at the Worldwide Partner Conference in New Orleans on Wednesday. Kevin Turner, Microsoft's chief operating officer, was at the conference to announce that Microsoft was planning to open its first stores this fall, with at least some of the locations likely to be right near an Apple store.

But the most intriguing part of Turner's speech was when he recounted a telephone call he says he got from Apple's legal department demanding that Microsoft remove the ads. Here's Turner's tale, according to Microsoft's official transcript:

Code:

Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only.

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.

Apple did not immediately respond to a request for comment, but it may have good reason to be upset. Since Microsoft launched the ads, which are in response to Apple's "I'm a Mac" ads, there is evidence that the campaign may be radically altering value perceptions of PCs. According to a report in AdAge, BrandIndex says Microsoft's so-called value perception has risen steadily since the campaign began in March, while Apple's has fallen.

source
Code:

Trips 07-16-2009 04:12 AM

Apple: You guys better stop spreading truths about me! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Apple knocking off a 100 bucks to compete is like range rover dropping 100 to compete with Chevy :rolleyes:

TheSNakE 07-16-2009 07:41 AM

fuck apple and their iphones and ipod pieces of crap.

stead04 07-16-2009 08:02 AM

McHookerino 07-16-2009 09:14 AM

You know what cracked me up about those laptop hunter ad's?

All the people said they were looking for "SMALL" laptops, then they look at the 13 inch macbook, and end up "buying" a 17 inch HP

so much for small:rolleyes:

skywalker 07-16-2009 09:23 AM

vista

If Microsoft could fix vista there wouldn't even be any need for a discussion.

dogstain 07-16-2009 11:34 AM

Code:

I'll tell you, I hate Apple with the power of a million suns. But, I do have an iPhone, and ever since I got out from under the Apple overlords by jailbreaking it, I am totally in love with it.

carajas 07-16-2009 12:39 PM

Pussies! :mad:

Its Just Ol' Red 07-16-2009 12:58 PM

Code:

amen! so much more shit to do and have since jailbreaking... installous FTW!!!

caesar273 07-16-2009 01:33 PM

this is great

I love this, now I used to work on Macs years ago, and it is no secret that I am no fans of Macs. However, what always pissed me off the most was that it seemed like Apple couldn't run a single add that didn't slam Microsoft. I just thought it was typical mudslinging mentality that frankly made me dislike Apple even more. To the point the I will turn the channel any time their ad comes on. Good to see Microsoft winning the advertising battle without flat out making fun of Apples.