The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions

The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/index.php)
-   I am - Music Discussion (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   When a band hits you again... (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/showthread.php?t=8249)

doubledip 07-29-2008 11:12 AM

When a band hits you again...

Do you guys ever obsess over a band and just love like every song and listen to it repeatedly for days...then not listen to it for like a year then BAM you're hooked again?? Sometimes I love this, sometimes I hate this...Right now im stuck on a sublime one again...it usually shuffles from an array of bands...Incubus, sublime, beatles, many more but those are some of the main ones that just come back and I seem to fall in love with them all over again...My question is do any of you have this happen?? If so what bands...it probably wouldn't hurt to add to my obsessive circle of love! :D

gallow737 07-29-2008 12:05 PM

There are an array of bands I do that with.

The Mighty Mighty Bosstones
Thumb
Vendetta Red
Silverstein
Bad Religion
36 Crazyfists
Protest The Hero
Jimmy Eat World

All these bands are some of my favorite bands, who put out albums I'll listen to for months at a time and then stop and then go on another month long listen later.

DSF Guest 6 07-29-2008 01:16 PM

this happens ALL the time, usually it takes a concert to get me back on, but sometimes just browsing through my itunes gets me hooked.

Mine:

AC/DC
Pearl Jam
Local H
Incubus
Kings of Leon
Black Keys
Tenacious D

buddha00man 07-29-2008 11:12 PM

def leppard...album hysteria
concrete blonde...bloodletting or mexican moon

badmedicine09 08-17-2008 03:00 PM

The Human League hit the U.S. at a time when I was expanding my musical horizons. "(Keep Feeling) Fascination" got me hooked, then I discovered their previous hit, "Don't You Want Me" from the Dare album. I now own every album, to include both greatest hits collections. From time-to-time, I get nostalgic and have to go back and reminisce.

In fact, it's starting again, because August 25th I'll be in Cincinnati at the Regeneration Tour, where Human League will be performing with Belinda Carlisle, Naked Eyes, A Flock of Seagulls, and ABC. So yeah, they'll be in heavy rotation on my iPod days before the event.

Candi Apples 08-28-2008 12:21 PM

Code:

Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only.

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.

This has happened to me with a few records,here are a few that come to mind.....

Rumors by Fleetwood Mac
Number of the beast by Iron Maiden
Synchronicity ll by The Police
Beatles #1's
Heart Greatest Hits

rockdude82 09-23-2008 02:26 PM

Happened to me after watching "Across The Universe" I obsessed over Beatles songs for a couple weeks, it was all I played and sang. Reminded what great pop songs they made.

ddedig 10-05-2008 10:08 PM

I do this constantly. My list in no particular order:

-Radiohead
-Tool
-A perfect Circle
-Buena Vista Social Club
-Talking Heads
-Pink Floyd
-Soul Coughing

and a couple audiobooks

-The God Delusion
-God is not Great

And many, many stand up comedians, but especially:

-David Cross
-George Carlin
-Bill Hicks
-Dave Chapelle

jizzay 10-25-2008 08:47 PM

My List is as follows:

Cold
Flaw
Staind
D12
Linkin Park
Disturbed

I listen to them sporadically and once I do, I go through phases where I will listen to the same cd over and over.

dolphinskull 01-02-2010 12:52 AM

hazel
pixes
cake
they might be giants
arab on radar
mc chris

whenever they come up on shuffle i'll end up listening to just that band for like a week