The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions

The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/index.php)
-   I am - Music Discussion (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   What's The Last CD You Bought? (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/showthread.php?t=29308)

el_victorino 01-21-2010 11:39 AM

What's The Last CD You Bought?

Given the abundance of music available without cash changing hands - what's the last CD you actually paid money for?

Here's mine: I was buying a coffee at Starbucks and heard it playing and wanted it then for the ride home. First CD I had purchased in over a year.

It's up over in the African Music thread, if anybody wants to give it a listen.

VonPapel 01-21-2010 12:07 PM

My last acquisition

Gojira's From Mars to Sirius

satan666 01-23-2010 01:01 PM

I shit you not... i can't even remember.

I am pretty sure it was The Coral's self-titled cd that came out in 2002. It's the last one that i actually remember buying.

Jesus that was 8 years ago...

Fever 01-23-2010 01:36 PM

I still buy a few here and there - mainly for the liners, bonus shit & to support an unsigned.
Particularly at shows, where I know the bands getting the Merch cut directly.

satan666 01-23-2010 01:40 PM

Code:

Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only.

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.

oh yeah that's true i have bought a couple to support some local bands... i always forget about that bcuz i just throw them in the glove box :D

rdc2007 01-23-2010 01:44 PM

40th Anniversary Edition

I still buy CDs but not nearly as many as I used to. If the artist is someone whose CDs I know to be solidly enjoyable, I still buy them.

el_victorino 01-23-2010 03:07 PM

Code:

Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only.

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.

Good point - anymore, about all I consistently buy is CDs offered at the merch table. I figure I have plenty of T-shirts, but I want to support the bands until they become big enough that I can download their shit for free here.

dolphinskull 01-24-2010 01:16 PM

other than from bands at local shows the last album I bought was when nirvana's greatests hits came out

pimpind 02-07-2010 02:57 PM

Melanie Fiona, a new R&B artist.

dice1883 02-07-2010 11:07 PM

The last CD I bought must have been Metallica's St Anger when it was brand new... Besides that, I have been downloading everything or copying friend's stuff...