The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions

The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/index.php)
-   I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   NFL football discussion (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/showthread.php?t=7746)

Shasturbator 07-18-2008 12:21 PM

NFL football discussion

I think it's time to start a thread about the NFL other than fantasy football talk...I'm a HUGE Bears fan...I also keep up with the Titans, mainly because I get free tickets to go see them a couple of times a year.

Big headlines now obviously is Brett Farve....I hope he gets released and the Bears get him....

SexyLion 07-18-2008 12:25 PM

No way Favre gets released. Best case for him is he gets traded to an AFC team that has a shot. The Packers know if they release him, he goes to the Bears or Vikes, and they can not have Favre play the Packers twice a year.

I am a HUGE Giants fan. Hell, I still have the papers from the Super Bowl win hanging in my office. (I got a thumbs up from a big partner, so they stay).

Bam-Bam 07-18-2008 12:34 PM

The Packers cannot just release Favre - they have to trade him so they can control where he goes to avoid him kicking their ass twice a year.

I've have been a suffering Jets fan for many years.

Shasturbator 07-18-2008 12:44 PM

Code:

Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only.

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.

not really....actually Farve can control where he goes....he can pull the "if you trade me there, I'll just retire again"

SexyLion 07-18-2008 12:47 PM

Which the Packers want, so basically, the Packers control Favre for two more years, since that is what he has left on his contract.

Favre will only go to a team that can win now.

Striker 07-18-2008 12:55 PM

Code:

Try being a Dolphins fan. :(

Shasturbator 07-18-2008 12:56 PM

Code:

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Riddler 07-18-2008 01:42 PM

Code:

actually... no!

favre has played in the nfl for over 10 years, and over 5 years for the pack, so if they trade them to a team he doesn't want to play for he can reverse the deal simply by declining to report to the other team. The packers want to trade him, but i've heard they are asking way too much in compensation!
Aside from that, i think wherever favre lands, his days as a top-notch qb are well behind...
Anyway, lets keep in mind he still has to notify the pack and the league of his intentions to play , if and when that happens the packers have 24 hours to activate him or release him...

Shasturbator 07-18-2008 02:14 PM

Code:

he'd be an excellent upgrade in Chicago...

Bam-Bam 07-18-2008 02:16 PM

Code:

I think Chicago is waiting for Tampa to Cut Sims....