The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions

The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/index.php)
-   I am - Your Home Team Sucks (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Favorite MLB Team?/MLB Talk (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/showthread.php?t=4579)

Five Inch Taint 05-17-2008 01:51 AM

Never been to New York but been a Mets fan since the days of Wally Backman and Howard Johnson. I thought they would be doing better this year,

mathiaswvu 05-17-2008 12:59 PM

Code:

Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only.

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.

yeah the skids come too often and too long when you're a Buccos fan...at least the pens and steelers make the other seasons enjoyable.

gallow737 05-17-2008 02:19 PM

Code:

I played little league with Andy Van Slykes son. He was a cool guy. I also have a bunch of Neal Heaton memorabilia.

As for the Cubs. If they win a championship, the next season I will not act like a Boston fan, and I'd dare to think that a lot of Cubs fans won't. Boston acts like their shit doesn't stink. Cubs fans have been so accustomed to losing that if they did win, they'd immediately start thinking "Okay, how many decades before we win another one". At least I would. I'm a Cubs optimist, but I've also been a Cubs fan since conception so I know better than to think the Cubs are the greatest team in the world. I'll gloat if they win, yes, but I won't start talking shit the next season until they can prove they're still good.

But that's just me

TylerB 05-18-2008 08:39 AM

Lets go Blue Jays

mhump23 05-18-2008 07:05 PM

I live in the Bay Area, but am a lifelong Atlanta Braves fan.

My wife is an Oakland A's fan so I have adopted them as my local favorite, but the Braves will always be my team.

When I was in college in the 80's they used to suck and no one would go to the games, so we'd get tickets cheap and sit where ever we wanted. Many a Saturday and Sunday I have spent dressed up like a frickin' Indian drunk as shit trash talking some other team while it was beating the hell out of my poor Bravos. Especially Lasorda and the Dodgers. Those were the days......

Randal Graves 05-18-2008 09:37 PM

Code:

Reminds me of a quote from Green Street Hooligans.

Millwall and West Ham firms hate each other
more than any other firms.

- Sort of like the Yankees and the Red Sox.
- More like the Israelis and the Palestinians.

Cactus Jack 05-19-2008 12:02 AM

yankees! im going to the yanks vs. redsox 4th of july weekend. its gonna be my first time at yankee stadium.

jizzay 05-19-2008 12:23 AM

Code:

I am going to Yankee Stadium to watch the Reds and the Yankess next month. sad to see Yankee Stadium go but I will enjoy when my Reds put the wrecking ball to the place.

Go Reds!

gpippo 05-19-2008 08:21 AM

Grew up a fan of the Tigers as a result of living in the area and stayed a fan through the years (it could be worse, they could be the Lions):rolleyes: . However, because of those miserable 20 years from the late 80's up till 2006, I drifted some what and also became a fan of the Atlanta Braves. This Braves thing was probably a result of TNT televising every game imaginable and my like of pitching.

SexyLion 05-19-2008 09:05 AM

How about those METS!!!!

And by the way, as bad as the Yanks are, they are still a million times better the the sad sack reds, so Jizz, good luck taking a wrecking ball to them.