The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions

The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/index.php)
-   I am - Music Discussion (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Hey, I used to like those guys... what was i thinking? (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/showthread.php?t=24604)

satan666 09-08-2009 08:42 AM

Hey, I used to like those guys... what was i thinking?

Is there any band that you used to like but when you hear them now you just can't stand?

I used to like Nine Inch Nails... i was never a huge fan but i listened to them a bit but now when i hear any of his songs i literally get pissed.

I dont know why i liked them. Chalk it up to the times, i guess...

MadamMeow 09-08-2009 08:49 AM

I'm not going to say I can't stand them anymore, but I used to be the BIGGEST Slipknot fan and now when they pop on my ipod I end up skipping the songs. I played them out.

Fever 09-08-2009 08:52 AM

Code:

Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only.

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.

Off the top of my head, I can only think of the bands that 'jumped the shark', ones that wrote classics and IMO just have gone on too long.
Any 'new' tunes by Aerosmith, AC/DC, REM & U2 are unlistenable to me.
It's a shame, because I know, for instance, REM just made a good album, but I can't get past Stipe's voice from 1990.

thermos 09-08-2009 09:15 AM

I confess - I originally liked Creed (I was in HS, I think). Hate me if you must.

I absolutely LOVED Fleetwood Mac when I was 16-17 and still appreciate them.....but I simply cannot bring myself to listen to them anymore.

Eagles too.

Its Just Ol' Red 09-08-2009 10:54 PM

Code:

as soon as i found this thread, Creed immediately came to mind (which is sad to say in the least)

alas, you beat me to the punch

GeminiEye 09-10-2009 08:52 PM

The Wallflowers lol

rocker182 09-16-2009 01:30 AM

Green day was good up to the American Idiot (2004) album wtf fuck happened to them? They dress like they robbed a hot topic and there music has gone down hill its time to go back to your roots boys

Boon 09-16-2009 06:59 AM

Staind. It's been a awhile...shut up you whiny bastard.

dolphinskull 05-12-2010 12:55 AM

Greenday , Mindlesss Self Indulgence and Red Hot Chili Peppers

el_victorino 05-12-2010 09:14 AM

Code:

Second. Especially with U2. I haven't fully enjoyed an entire U2 album since Joshua Tree, and the more poncy and pretentious they got the less I liked them.