The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions

The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/index.php)
-   I am - stepPOLLS (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Are We Really Alone? (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/showthread.php?t=13640)

Carlos Spicy Wiener 12-28-2008 11:18 PM

Are We Really Alone?

Hubble Deep Field: The Most Imp. Image Ever Taken!!!!

watch the video firsts it's about 6 mins long.

Code:

Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only.

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.

How can we be alone in such a huge Universe? I've always thought that the Earth is far from the only place in the Universe to have life.
I watched and It is such a simple way to explain there's no possible way we are alone!

just give your opinion on if we are alone or not, don't make it into a huge religious discussion!

Kyle E. Coyote 12-29-2008 12:45 AM

No. Whether you're religious or not, to think that we're all alone in the universe is arrogant, conceited and... dumb.

BlackCrypt 12-29-2008 01:17 AM

We are the highest evolved of all beings? This spec of mud is the only one that can produce life? Are we causing the polar caps on AlphaGammaBeta 5673's planets to melt?

moviephile 12-29-2008 03:38 AM

Amazing video.... I live in a mid-pop city and there's too much background light to really see the sky. But I go out to a lake about 70 miles out of town alot and looking at the sky for 15 min or so is the first thing I always do..and That makes Me feel very small......

all church bs aside..... theres No reason to think We are the only life that exists. That being said, the other stars (and planets) are so far away, there's also no way to contact them to see if we are fucking up better than they are...

100 posts.... yea me
I'm so alone :)
-Louie

Striker 12-29-2008 07:48 AM

No we are not alone.

Even if you want to go by the Bible, it doesn't rule it out.. Hell, the Bible doesn't say shit about dinosaurs, yet we know they existed... If the Bible fails to mention things that happened on our own planet, does anyone really expect it to talk about planets that are hundreds or thousands or millions of light years away?

maxbailey 12-29-2008 09:48 AM

There is no doubt in my mind that we are not alone. As Kyle has already said, how arrogant we are to assume we are the only sentient beings in this universe and beyond. Too many people assume that if there are other beings then they will be at the same 'stage' in life, environment, development etc. The odds of that happening are very, very high as the other beings would probably be way ahead of us and consider us as dumb pieces of meat and therefore could already have been and gone, or they are way behind us and consider us to be spectacularly advanced, haha. Either way, I don't think we are alone.

Just my tuppence worth.

tlock 12-29-2008 12:34 PM

the odds are we are not alone

Boon 12-29-2008 12:55 PM

Of course we are not alone. We share the universe with lifeforms that possess advanced transportation capabilities, and who have a penchant for the buggery of Earth's rednecks.

jizzay 12-29-2008 01:38 PM

While I do believe we are not alone in this Universe, I wouldn't call that the most important picture of space. What did it prove? How do we know it is even real? I am one of the few folks that don't believe the Moon Landing was real, so I am sure if they could fake that they could fake something else. But then again, it is our government and they wouldn't lie to us would they?

Boon 12-29-2008 01:41 PM

Of course the moon landing was real. It was on television!

I think if we had undeniable proof (vs. logic) that intelligent life exists beyond our known solar system, the average human brain would simply explode. Our ego could not handle it.