The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions

The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/index.php)
-   I am - Music Discussion (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Best Tour Ever? (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/showthread.php?t=9400)

dogstain 08-29-2008 04:54 PM

Best Tour Ever?

Did you see the upcoming The Hold Steady tour? they're doing about 30 shows with Drive-By Truckers opening. Holy fuck, they better reinforce the rafters, 'cause this shit is gonna get ugly.

http://www.theholdsteady.com/

gallow737 08-29-2008 05:22 PM

Nope. Not the best tour ever.

NKOTB '90... THAT... is the best tour ever

usajag 08-30-2008 10:49 AM

Code:

Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only.

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.

Can't believe I'm sharing this, but I actually went to one of these shows in London. For the record: my parents took my older sister, and I tagged along. Tommy Page opened up for them.

abitskrewd 09-03-2008 08:12 PM

well, it really wasnt a tour per say, but i would have to go with January 28th, 1999 at the Meadowlands in NJ

Chumbawamba, Bad Religion, Black Star, Beastie Boys, and Rage Against the Machine.

Sickboy76 09-05-2008 03:26 PM

Lalaplaoosa or however you spell it, back in 96 or 97 was one of the best tour I have ever seen. I mean Metallica , the Ramones and Soundgarden and Waylon Jennings in the same tour! NICE! but not the best ever. The best ever would have been if i was alive to see it would have been the Monterey Pop festival!
look it up if you don't believe me!

schnear25 09-24-2008 08:34 AM

lollapalooza...learn to use google.

The best show I ever went to was a Foo Fighters/Red Hot Chili Peppers concert (forget the year), but the tickets where $30 for the floor.

thermos 09-24-2008 08:58 AM

Code:

Oh snap.....oh where they?

I've tried to refrain from this sort of bashing cuz it got shastaman canned.....but for fucks sake man, your very first post to bash an Avy'd member? And you've got a log in your eye?

I'm just speculating now.....but chances are NOT good that you'll survive.

On the fucktarded scale - you score substantially higher than the tubthumping dude (above). Best tour and Chumbawumba in the same sentence? Granted....Beasties and Rage are winners....but thereby offset by the first band. Fucking idiots.

beastley 09-24-2008 09:42 AM

well the best tour ive seen(and i know im in the minority on this) was Kanye West, NERD, Lupe Fiasco, and Rihanna (glow in the dark)...but the best FESTIVAL i've seen had a mix of Kanye, Foo, Wilco, Lil Wayne, Black Keys, Andrew Bird, Chuck Berry, Rodrigo y Gabriela, Bob Dylan, Lupe Fiasco, etc.

Virgin Mobile Festival. it was awesome.

schnear25 09-24-2008 05:07 PM

Code:

Long time reader, first time poster. I meant no harm...just wanted to point out the simplicity of doing a google search to check spelling. It disappoints when things like Firefox have spell check built in and google is so easy to use and people still make no effort.

It was at Missouri University in '98 or '99, so it wasn't a great venue, but it was still a dope concert with two bands coming into their prime.