The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions

The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/index.php)
-   I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   12 Things You Probably Didn?t Know About The Movie ?A Christmas Story? (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/showthread.php?t=39847)

Foetus 12-20-2010 03:06 PM

12 Things You Probably Didn?t Know About The Movie ?A Christmas Story?

12 Things You Probably Didn't Know About The Movie "A Christmas Story"

1. The real house used during filming can be found at 3159 W 11th Street in Cleveland, Ohio

2. For the scene when Flick's tongue sticks to the flagpole, a hidden suction tube was used to safely create the illusion that his tongue had frozen to the metal

3. TNT first aired the 24-hour ?A Christmas Story? marathon in 1988

4. ?A Christmas Story? inspired the creation of ?The Wonder Years?

5. The ?A Christmas Story? house was purchased by San Diego entrepreneur Brian Jones on eBay auction in 2005 for $150,000. The previous owner had installed modern windows and blue vinyl exterior siding. Mr. Jones restored the private residence to its ?A Christmas Story? condition and the house is now open to the public for tours

6. Jack Nicholson was considered for the role of Ralphie Parker's dad

Foetus 12-20-2010 03:09 PM

7. The ?major award? was based on an illuminated Nehi logo

8. The film's setting is a town in Indiana, but was actually filmed in Cleveland, Ohio. The street the ?Parker's? live in is called ?Cleveland Street?

9. Some of the snow used during the scenes between the kids and the bullies was actually soap flakes and fire fighters foam

10. Initially overlooked as a sleeper film, ?A Christmas Story? was released a week before Thanksgiving 1983 to moderate success and generally negative reviews. By Christmas, the movie was pushed out of theaters by more popular movies like ?Scarface?

11. Director Bob Clark Bob Clark's success with the teen-sex comedy Porky's (1982) allowed him the ability to make a movie he wanted to make. Without Porky's there would have been no Christmas Story

12. Ralphie says that he wanted the ?Red Ryder BB Gun? 28 times

ThatHaole 12-20-2010 06:19 PM

I keep a Leg Lamp in my restaurant on the back bar all year round. At least once a day someone points at it and says "A Christmas Story" or something equally brilliant. :)

Tablefor5 12-20-2010 06:27 PM

I love this movie. When I was a kid our local theater would play it for free the week before christmas.

My father-in-law grew up right down the road from this house.

I also think the guy that bought also put on ebay that you could stay there on christmas eve and have a christmas story christmas...not sure if anyone bid on it

Mr Handlebars 12-21-2010 04:57 AM

Code:

Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only.

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.

The owner of the house after restoring to the original movie condition, also included furniture just like in the movie, including the leg lamp. So many people asked to buy it, that he had them made and started selling them, replace the lamp with a new one every time he sold one. Though he never told people it wasn't the original, most people in the beginning thought they were buying the original and paid a premium price.

Tablefor5 12-21-2010 09:53 AM

Code:

Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only.

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.

Shit...so you're telling me the "original" leg lamp I bought from someone in Cleveland wasn't the original?