The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions

The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/index.php)
-   I am - Peer Validation (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   DAE own a Silcon Graphics workstation? (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/showthread.php?t=36823)

satan666 07-28-2010 08:38 PM

DAE own a Silcon Graphics workstation?

DAE own an SGI workstation?

These used to be the industry standard for 3d and some graphics apps back in the day (around 1995-2000) and they were like the Ferraris of the computing world and cost just as much too.

If so, what do/did you use it for? What made you stop using it if you did.

(I still own 2 of them but i doubt i'll ever use them again)

The Godfather 07-28-2010 10:41 PM

When I worked at Lockheed, we used them to model the interaction of different propulsion systems with the main structure - turbulence, skeletal stress and shit like that.

MrGoutHimself 07-29-2010 09:45 AM

There was one on base at SOI near Camp Lejeune in one of the instructional offices, they used it for CAD and shit... the coolest was this awesome rendering of the M-16A2 that they could interact with (remove/add rounds to the magazine, the magazine to the weapon, toggle safe/semi/3RB, open and close the ejection port, remove the upper and lower handgrips). It was bad ass, but from what I can tell they used it long enough to create a giant sign for SOI East with crossed rifles, then left it sit unplayed with.