The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions

The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/index.php)
-   I am - Your Home Team Sucks (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Nba (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/showthread.php?t=11209)

beastley 10-22-2008 11:31 PM

i dont have the clips making the playoffs, because lets be serious, even though some talent has moved east, the west seems to get stronger each year.

portland's fully healthy this yr, and the hornets are buzzing(sorry) and the lakers, spurs, rockets, etc just seem too good for the clips to get an edge in...

i dont even know if the mavs will make it. i surely dont see the suns getting in

imnotlistening2u 10-23-2008 01:11 AM

you've got em as your 6 seed in your predictions though. Now you're just backtracking. You're right about Portland, and all the buzz up here in the NW is really starting to make it feel like the Trailblazers are going to have a big year.

The clippers just need to beat 7 teams from the west, to get into the playoffs, and I'm pretty sure they can finish ahead of :

Sacramento (too young)
T-Wolves (waaay too young)
Thunder (too young, but KD, green, and russell could make them relevant soon)
Golden State (can that team hold it together without BD and monta out for a while?)
Memphis (getting closer)
Phoenix (too old)
Denver (underperformers of the century)

I don't see it at too unlikely of a scenario. And you're right about the West continuing to get stronger, but the Clips definitely did. Baron can play as well as any PG in the west.

I may be a little optimistic (and biased), but I need something to hold on to.

beastley 10-23-2008 08:18 AM

whoops, yeah ur right, i didnt even pay attn to my own rankings. i agree with my previous self and think they'll make the playoffs, haha. maybe i just felt like disagreeing with u, or maybe i was really tired. either way, my bad.

ur right about denver. that team is going nowhere fast.

beastley 10-23-2008 08:23 AM

ps. u gotta feel bad for melo(even though hes part of the problem). unlike wade and bron bron, he still hasn't made it even past the first round of the playoffs, and the nuggets dont even have a plan in place to rebuild at all. he looks destined to be a star on a shitty team as long as hes with denver

beastley 10-23-2008 08:59 AM

by the way, chris kaman is the creepiest player in the nba, hands down

imnotlistening2u 10-23-2008 09:53 AM

I agree with you about Melo all the way, He does so well in the international game and thrives even with all the other stars on the team, but in Denver he just can't seem to get his shit straight.

and Chris Kaman is definitely the creepiest player in the league. I agree 100%, but he has shown great improvement.

Your heat are definitely looking a lot better this year, good to see.

thermos 10-23-2008 10:26 AM

Code:

Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only.

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.

I dunno about Kaman.....are you speaking merely of his looks? I could see if your stoned he might mess with your head in a Sam Cassel kinda way.

But creepy in a quirky kinda way.....you gotta go with Gilbert. C'mon the dude travels with an oxygen tent and tickles Antawn's armpit before every game outta OCD like behavior. Gotta respect that.

Did you guys see his youtube clip where he shoots all those 3's (one handed) in a competition with Stevenson?

imnotlistening2u 10-23-2008 10:47 AM

Code:

I've seen it and it's an awesome video.

Whenever I see Kaman all I can think of is a caveman and he just goes about everything real quietly, like a big, silent, 7-foot, caveman... that's not a little creepy?

Gilbert is a little quirky, though, i'll give you that. Although I'd never want Charlie Villanueva's hairless body anywhere near me

thermos 10-23-2008 10:57 AM

Code:

Haha.....you stoners are great....yes, when you put it like that, yes, he's creepy as fuck.

GREAT call on Villanueva too. And let us not forget the cookie monster (Dikembe) nor.

My man Dalembert is kinda gawky/creepy too.

imnotlistening2u 10-23-2008 11:25 AM

Code:

You are definitely right we can't just leave out big dikembe.

And, If Sam Cassell ever looked at me for more than 5 minutes I would start to think his alien spaceship might be coming to get me.