The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions

The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/index.php)
-   I am - Music Discussion (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Coldplay reports strong hispanic and latin influences on their upcoming album (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/showthread.php?t=23555)

satan666 08-11-2009 01:12 AM

Coldplay reports strong hispanic and latin influences on their upcoming album

Coldplay reports strong hispanic and latin influences on their upcoming album.

1. Sounds amazing, I can't wait to hear this fiesta

2. Nice try, but they're never gonna top "x&y"

3. Ha ha ha ha

4. Do you know how i know you're gay?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BBC article

Coldplay plan 'Hispanic' comeback

British rock group Coldplay have revealed that their new album will have an "Hispanic theme".

A handwritten message on their website says that recording sessions in Spain, and a tour of Latin America earlier this year, have influenced their sound.

"No maracas or castanets," the message said, "but a vibrancy and colourfulness that owes much to the atmosphere of Buenos Aires and Barcelona".

Coldplay's fourth album, the follow-up to 2005's X&Y, is due next year.

The group are among Britain's most successful acts, scoring international hits with songs like Yellow, Clocks and Fix You.

'Friction'

X&Y was the biggest-selling album in the world in 2005, and the band have admitted there has been "tension" in the recording studio as they try to follow it up.

"Tension is an inherent part of recording," a note on the group's website explained.

"Without tension, there's no focus. What is remarkable is that this friction very rarely ignites into flame."

The author, who uses the alias Prospekt, continued to say that the group had recently sat down with producer Brian Eno to review their progress.

"Very little material got an unreserved thumbs up from everyone. However, far from feeling dispirited, we all came out feeling a lot more confident.

"It feels a lot better to check the map and know which direction you're headed and how far you've got to go rather than wander around aimlessly and hope for the best."

Fans widely believe the new album will be titled Prospekt.

source

Code:

Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only.

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.

beastley 08-11-2009 08:26 AM

i don't get it, why are they saying the new album will be a followup to x and y?

viva la vida already followed it up..........

Fever 08-11-2009 10:15 AM

Code:

Cause our adderall-addled twittering leader posted a 2 year old article....

BWUHAHAHA!!!!

carajas 08-11-2009 04:32 PM

2007?!
Drugs are bad for you :D

Frothy Afterbirth 08-11-2009 05:28 PM

I've noticed Satansan has been posting new threads with a number of articles that I remember reading from a few years ago. :)

jerrys_kid 08-12-2009 04:11 AM

Code:

drugs are bad MMM-Kay?

satan666 08-12-2009 09:15 AM

hahahah

well, i gotta admit. I don't like Coldplay and i don't know any of their albums so it never occurred to me that this was an old article...

guess i'll start checking the dates on stories from now on :D

Govols 08-13-2009 02:22 PM

Translation: We stole riffs from Carlos Santana for this album just like we stole from Joe Satriani on the last one.