The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions

The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/index.php)
-   I am - Music Discussion (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Bands from your childhood (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/showthread.php?t=9145)

Candi Apples 08-21-2008 11:06 PM

My father introduced me to Iron Maiden when I was younger,and
Number of the beast became an album that I would listen to over and over.

I was 12 yrs old,from what I can remember.

And Iron Maiden is still one of my favorite bands to date.

trondi 08-21-2008 11:27 PM

Kiss Alive 2

On my 8th birthday I went down to Music Land record store and wandered around for at least an hour trying to find the right birthday record.
I kept coming back to one particular album, because it was only the coolest looking album cover I had ever seen.

I was 80 cents short but the guy let me have it anyway.
I got home opened it and was blown away.

Tatoo's!!
And A book!!!

Also an order form for the coolest stuff I had ever seen, or could want.

I put that record on and I heard that monster truck announcer's voice, You want the best and you've got the best the hottest band in the world KISS!
The the Electric Guitars kick in and Detroit Rock City was my first ultimate favorite song.
I just remember that electric guitar was the most awesome thing I had ever heard, And I wanted to play one. Was quite a few years before I actually got one but that was the start for me.
I wore that record out literally.

mhump23 08-21-2008 11:58 PM

I miss all that cool packaging for albums. Some deluxe CDs and Box sets are pretty impressive with what you get, but so many right off the rack albums came with so much cool stuff.

Dark Side Of The Moon came with 2 full sized posters for example.

Vinyl was awesome!

2ftonion 08-22-2008 12:18 AM

For me it was Led Zep houses of the holy, I used to always grab the mom's records growing up and now there all mine!!!

gallow737 08-22-2008 12:30 AM

Those were my first 3 album obsessions.

SexyLion 08-22-2008 07:58 AM

I was growing up on Billy Joel, James Taylor, Simon & Garfunkel and all that type of music my folks listened to. But, I was 13 when this album came out, and well, I listened to that record (yes, an actual record) over and over, memorized the Carl Palmer drum parts and played it over and over.

Thomas 08-23-2008 05:06 PM

Fuck for me, as a kid, it was all about Nirvana. I remember being maybe 10 or 11 years old and hearing Bleach and i fucking loved it.
I then became obsessed with Nirvana.

I read every article i could find. Any band that Kurt Cobain talked about, i then tried to listen to.
That's how i got into Devo, the Melvins, Bowie etc.

It was all about Nirvana.

dikfore63 08-25-2008 02:29 AM

My parents were total hicks. So I was raised on country music until I heard these first 2 disks. Spent a lot of time grounded to my room for listening to what my dad called "those god damn long haired fagots". I even had to sneak my Mtv (when it played music).

BlackCrypt 08-25-2008 05:40 AM

Code:

Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only.

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.

"I'll kick you outta my home if you don't cut that hair"

sarasson 08-25-2008 08:15 AM

For me it was Journey. I couldnt decide if I wanted to be Steve Perry, Neal Schon, or Steve Smith when I grew up. I used to have a Journey baseball cap with all these stupid album pins all over it. I thought I was the shit, lol.