The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions

The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/index.php)
-   I am - Music Discussion (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Dr Dre to release album based on the sounds of planets (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/showthread.php?t=37185)

satan666 08-09-2010 10:15 AM

Dr Dre to release album based on the sounds of planets

Dr Dre to release album based on the sounds of planets

The musician revealed his desire to produce an instrumental album inspired by Space to Vibe magazine.

He told the hip-hop publication: "It's just my interpretation of what each planet sounds like. I'm gonna go off on that. Just all instrumental. The record executive and producer of stars such as Eminem and Snoop Dogg added: "I've been studying the planets and learning the personalities of each planet. I've been doing this for about two years now.

"I want to do it in surround sound. It'll have to be in surround sound for Saturn to work."

The album will inevitably be compared to Gustav Holst's "The Planets".

Other artists to make references to Space in their work include Pink Floyd with "Dark Side of the Moon" and David Bowie with "Space Oddity" and "Life on Mars?".

Dr Dre has also had acting roles in the movies Set It Off, and the 2001 films The Wash and Training Day.

cmetz 08-09-2010 05:59 PM

all over this album

nick mason from pink floyd was supposed to do the same thing last year, don't know if it ever came out

armorc 09-09-2010 04:52 PM

he's older now but it should still be awesome, A+

Jerzidevil 04-30-2011 12:56 AM

Gustav Holst's "The Planets" is brilliant. "Neptune" especially is my favorite. This should be interesting.