The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions

The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/index.php)
-   I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Warner Bros. Acquires The Pirate Bay (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/showthread.php?t=18148)

Carlos Spicy Wiener 04-01-2009 01:58 PM

Warner Bros. Acquires The Pirate Bay

I'm pretty sure this is a Aprils fools joke but i thought if it really was real how fucked up would that be.Imagine the amount of ips those guys would have access and what they download.

After years of hostility, lawsuits, police raids and heated invective between the two groups, the Pirate Bay has today announced they have settled their differences with US media conglomerate Warner Bros. The largest BitTorrent tracker has sold out to Hollywood and the two have agreed a deal.

The deal, worth over $13 billion (10 billion euros) came about after the recent performance at the Pirate Bay trial gave strong indications that the judgment would go against Warner Bros. For the Hollywood movie studio, it seems that acquiring The Pirate Bay was the only option left.

In the press release, both groups gave a positive outlook to the deal. ?The Pirate Bay team has built an exciting and powerful media platform that complements Warner Bros?s mission to organize the world?s information and make it universally accessible and useful,? said Jim Kjeyzer, Chief Executive Officer of Warner Bros.?

Pirate Bay co-founder Gottfrid Svartholm was similarly forward looking saying ?Our community has played a vital role in changing the way that people consume media, creating a new hip culture. By joining forces with Warner Bros, we can benefit from its global reach and technology leadership to deliver a more comprehensive entertainment experience for our users and to create new opportunities for our partners.?

A press conference will be held later today to discuss the finer aspects of the acquisition. The conference will be broadcasted live on the Internet and details for access to the webcast are included in the press release.

How the Pirate Bay?s users will deal with this deal is the only wild-card. Will it be another Exeem, or will it blossom into something powerful and progressive. Only time will tell.

rdc2007 04-01-2009 02:18 PM

It's definitely an April Fool's joke. Here's an article with a round up of April Fool's jokes from around the web:

http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/04/01...gle-master-ai/

Carlos Spicy Wiener 04-01-2009 02:20 PM

Code:

Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only.

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.

Lol I would love to see Google sponsor military equipment. Lol global hawks with Google on the side would be great.

satan666 04-01-2009 03:33 PM

i hate April 1st

Randal Graves 04-01-2009 03:46 PM

Code:

why so?

satan666 04-01-2009 03:59 PM

Code:

on April 1st the entire interwebs becomes ghey with dumb jokes.

rdc2007 04-01-2009 04:35 PM

S666, you could have issued a proclamation of amnesty, forgiving all past transgressions and welcoming back banned members like the Catholic Church will do for lapsed Catholics. And then...

April Fools!

No? Okay, never mind. :D